Diane J Skiba
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Nursing education 2.0: second lifeDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:156-7. 2007
- Nursing education 2.0: are Mashups useful for nursing education?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:286-8. 2007
- The learning collaboratory: a knowledge-building environment for nursing educationD J Skiba
School of Nursing, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 46:413-7. 1997..This paper describes the analysis, redesign and implementation of the existing research courses during the 1996-1997 academic year...
- The 2005 word of the year: podcastDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:54-5. 2006
- Web 2.0: next great thing or just marketing hype?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:212-4. 2006
- Got large lecture hall classes? Use clickersDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:278-80. 2006
- Sharing intellectual and social capital: A partnership to advance informatics and foster consumer centric careDiane J Skiba
School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:225-9. 2006..This paper reports on the various projects underway in the area of education, scholarship, research and development...
- Adapting your teaching to accommodate the net generation of learnersDiane J Skiba
University of Colorado at Denver Health Care Sciences Center, CO, USA
Online J Issues Nurs 11:5. 2006....
- A call to action: preparing the next generation of nursesDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:335-7. 2006
- Nursing education 2.0: YouTubeDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:100-2. 2007
- Nursing education 2.0: Twitter & tweets. Can you post a nugget of knowledge in 140 characters or less?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 29:110-2. 2008
- Nursing education 2.0: games as pedagogical platformsDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 29:174-5. 2008
- Information technologies and the transformation of nursing educationDiane J Skiba
University of Colorado Denver College of Nursing, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Nurs Outlook 56:225-30. 2008..0 tools, that will help to bridge the gap between the next generation and faculty in nursing schools. Nurse educators need to understand and use the power of technologies to prepare the next generation of nurses...
- The millennials: have they arrived at your school of nursing?Diane J Skibs
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:370-1. 2005
- Informatics competenciesDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 25:312. 2004
- People of the year: bloggersDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:52-3. 2005
- Do your students wiki?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:120-1. 2005
- The Informatics Collaboratory: building an online community to support health care informatics studentsDiane J Skiba
University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Denver, CO, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1383-7. 2004..The paper concludes with an outline of the online community components and the plans for evaluation...
- Preparing for evidence-based practice: revisiting information literacyDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:310-1. 2005
- Using TIGER vision to move your agenda forwardDiane J Skiba
Healthcare Informatics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Denver, CO, USA
Nurs Manage 39:14-6. 2008
- Teaching nurses to provide patient centered evidence-based care through the use of informatics tools that promote safety, quality and effective clinical decisionsMichele Norton
McKesson Provider Technologies, Louisville, Colorado, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:230-4. 2006..The multimedia product embraces the core competencies advocated by the Institute of Medicine's Health Professions Education Report...
- Leadership in the digital age: a framework to balance high touch with high techTamara Bathrick
Kaiser Permanente, Health Care Informatics Option in the Master of Science Degree Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Semin Nurse Manag 10:120-9. 2002..Finally, it provides insight as to how nurse managers can reconcile one of the major dilemmas in nursing--balancing "high touch" with "high tech."..
- Informatics curriculum integration for quality and safety education for nursesAmy J Barton
The University of Colorado Denver, College of Nursing Aurora, Colorado, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:593-7. 2009..Several U.S. initiatives are calling for more rapid incorporation of informatics competencies into nursing curriculum. Baseline data are presented and plans to roll-out the new curricular approach discussed...
- Using social software to transform informatics educationDiane J Skiba
University of Colorado Denver College of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:608-12. 2009..This paper describes how an informatics education program is educating their students to use social software as learners as well as practicing informatics specialists...
- Preparing the next generation of advanced practice nursesAmy J Barton
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center School of Nursing, Denver, 80262, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:860-4. 2004....
- Faculty 2.0: Flipping the novice to expert continuumDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:342-4. 2007
- Emerging Technologies CenterDiane J Skiba
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center School of Nursing, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 25:260. 2004
- Nursing education 2.0: Poke me. Where's your face in space?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:214-6. 2007
- Faculty matters. Diane J. SkibaDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:332-3. 2005
- It's all about you: my resolutions for 2007Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 28:44-5. 2007
- Best practices in Web-based courses: generational differences across undergraduate and graduate nursing studentsDiane M Billings
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, USA
J Prof Nurs 21:126-33. 2005..The outcomes of the study establish benchmarks for quality improvement in online learning. The results support the educational model for online learning and postulates about generational differences for future study...
- Guideposts to the future--an agenda for nursing informaticsKathleen A McCormick
SAIC Health Solutions, Brown Operation, 5203 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1477, Falls Church, VA 22041, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:19-24. 2007....
- Open source: will you follow the cathedral or the bazaar model?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:184-5. 2005
- E-portfolios, webfolio, and e-dentity: promises and challengesDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:246-7. 2005
- Think spots: where are your learning spaces?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:103-4. 2006
- Games for healthDiane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 29:230-2. 2008
- Competencies and credentialing: nursing informaticsVirginia K Saba
School of Nursing and Health Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 109:75-89. 2004..The certification is based on a professional portfolio that demonstrates expertise in this field for nurses outside the USA and Canada...