K C Siu
Affiliation: University of Nebraska
- Effects of a secondary task on obstacle avoidance in healthy young adultsKa Chun Siu
HPER Biomechanics Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE 68182, USA
Exp Brain Res 184:115-20. 2008..Our findings suggest the existence of a hierarchy of control within both postural task (obstacle avoidance requires the most information processing resources) and dual-task (with gait stability being a priority) conditions...
- Dual-task interference during obstacle clearance in healthy and balance-impaired older adultsKa Chun Siu
Motor Control Laboratory, Department of Human Physiology, Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:349-54. 2008..To investigate dual-task interference between a concurrent cognitive task (auditory Stroop test) and obstacle avoidance in older adults with or without a history of falls...
- Does inability to allocate attention contribute to balance constraints during gait in older adults?Ka Chun Siu
University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE 68182, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:1364-9. 2008..In the current study, we examined one possible factor contributing to these deficits, the inability to flexibly allocate attention between two tasks...
- Consistency of performance of robot-assisted surgical tasks in virtual realityI H Suh
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 142:369-73. 2009....
- Validating advanced robot-assisted laparoscopic training task in virtual realityB Brown-Clerk
HPER Biomechanics Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 132:45-9. 2008..In conclusion, virtual reality could be used as an effective environment to train the next generation of robot-assisted laparoscopic surgeons...
- A virtual reality training program for improvement of robotic surgical skillsM Mukherjee
Nebraska Biomechanics Core Facility, University of Nebraska, Omaha, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 142:210-4. 2009..In conclusion, virtual reality surgical skills training may produce a significant learning effect that can transfer to actual robot-assisted laparoscopic procedures...
- Attentional demands of postural control: the ability to selectively allocate information-processing resourcesKa Chun Siu
Department of Human Physiology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Gait Posture 25:121-6. 2007..This suggests the existence of a hierarchy within attentional tasks with postural stability being a priority to stabilize gaze and head position...
- Multi-degree of freedom joystick for virtual reality simulationM J Head
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
J Med Eng Technol 37:475-83. 2013..It is believed that these features will facilitate improved simulation of a variety of surgical procedures and, thus, improve surgical skills training...
- Training of balance under single- and dual-task conditions in older adults with balance impairmentPatima Silsupadol
Department of Human Physiology, 1240 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1240, USA
Phys Ther 86:269-81. 2006..The purpose of this case report is to describe 3 balance training approaches in older adults with impaired balance...