Dorothy K Sit
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Best practices: an emerging best practice model for perinatal depression careDorothy K Y Sit
Women s Behavioral HealthCARE, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1429-31. 2009..Most participants had moderate or severe major depressive disorder. Women contended with multiple treatment barriers. Colocated depression care was highly acceptable and enabled evidence-based care delivery for at-risk mothers...
- A review of postpartum psychosisDorothy Sit
University of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:352-68. 2006..The objective is to provide an overview of the clinical features, prognosis, differential diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of postpartum psychosis...
- Psychiatric outcomes following medical and surgical abortionDorothy Sit
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15213, USA
Hum Reprod 22:878-84. 2007..The objectives were to determine post-abortion depression risk, evaluate risk factors for post-abortion depression and to explore the relationship between cortisol and depression...
- Light therapy for bipolar disorder: a case series in womenDorothy Sit
Women s Behavioral HealthCARE, Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:918-27. 2007..To perform a dose-ranging safety and efficacy study of bright light therapy for depression in women with bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Changes in antidepressant metabolism and dosing across pregnancy and early postpartumDorothy K Sit
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:652-8. 2008..We examined the dose requirements and level-to-dose (L/D) ratios of citalopram, escitalopram, and sertraline during pregnancy and after birth...
- Identification of postpartum depressionDorothy K Y Sit
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:456-68. 2009..Finally, we explore how to manage patients who screen positive for depression and treatment options for women with PPD...
- Mother-infant antidepressant concentrations, maternal depression, and perinatal eventsDorothy Sit
Women s Behavioral HealthCARE, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara St, Oxford 410, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:994-1001. 2011..The authors explored the relationship of cord-maternal antidepressant concentration ratios and maternal depression with perinatal events and preterm birth...
- Menstrual effects on mood symptoms in treated women with bipolar disorderDorothy Sit
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Bipolar Disord 13:310-7. 2011..In this prospective study, the authors compared healthy controls and depressed and euthymic BD patients on medications on mood levels, psychosocial function, and physical symptoms in the late luteal versus the early follicular phase...
- Seasonal effects on depression risk and suicidal symptoms in postpartum womenDorothy Sit
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:400-5. 2011..Previous studies of seasonality and PPD were relatively small or encumbered by study design constraints. We examined the possible relationship between seasonality, depression, and SI in 9,339 new mothers...
- The effect of gastric bypass on the pharmacokinetics of serotonin reuptake inhibitorsGiselle G Hamad
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:256-63. 2012..Having observed that patients treated with SRIs frequently relapse after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery, the authors sought to assess whether SRI bioavailability is reduced postoperatively...
- Women and bipolar disorder across the life spanDorothy Sit
University of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 59:91-100. 2004..This article provides an overview of common presentations and comorbidities, along with approaches to evaluation and treatment of women with bipolar disorder...
- Disposition of chiral and racemic fluoxetine and norfluoxetine across childbearingDorothy Sit
Women s Behavioral HealthCARE, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:381-6. 2010....