Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Relative effectiveness of adjunctive risperidone on manic and depressive symptoms in mixed maniaVivek Singh
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:91-5. 2013..0001). Mixed manic patients who were treated with risperidone adjunctive to mood stabilizer/s for 20 weeks were significantly more likely to achieve a sustained response for manic than for depressive symptomatology...
- Anticonvulsants in bipolar disorderVivek Singh
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive Mail Code 7792, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:301-23. 2005....
- Principal domains of behavioral psychopathology identified by the Bipolar Inventory of Signs and Symptoms Scale (BISS)Peter M Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78290 3900, USA
Psychiatry Res 175:221-6. 2010..Despite the common occurrence of anxiety in BD, it has not been identified in most prior factor analyses, in part due to limited coverage of anxiety symptoms in the source scales...
- Development of the Bipolar Inventory of Symptoms Scale: concurrent validity, discriminant validity and retest reliabilityJodi M Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, UT Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 17:198-209. 2008..Future directions include factor analysis and sensitivity to change from treatment studies...
- Lamotrigine (Lamictal IR) for the treatment of bipolar disorderCharles L Bowden
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:2565-71. 2012..Over the past decade the use of lamotrigine in bipolar disorder has increased. However, the evidence base suggests a more limited role for lamotrigine as part of an overall treatment regimen in bipolar disorder...
- Safety and efficacy of psychopharmacological agents used to treat the psychiatric sequelae of common neurological disordersCarmina G Bernardo
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Center for Bipolar Intervention in the Hispanic Community, Division of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 7:435-45. 2008..These manifestations complicate the illness and worsen prognosis. Pharmacological treatment options may be limited by the primary neurological illness and side effects...
- Treatment characteristics and illness burden among European Americans, African Americans, and Latinos in the first 2,000 patients of the systematic treatment enhancement program for bipolar disorderJodi M Gonzalez
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:31-46. 2007..This study compared illness characteristics, treatment history, and overall functioning in a sample of European American, African American, and Latino patients with bipolar disorder...
- Spatial patterns of cortical thinning in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseVivek Singh
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre Ontario, Canada
Brain 129:2885-93. 2006..These novel findings support the notion of increased isocortical involvement with the progression of disease...