Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Charting the use of electronic health records and other information technologies among child health providersNir Menachemi
Florida State University College of Medicine, Division of Health Affairs, and Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
BMC Pediatr 6:21. 2006..As such, the objective of this study is to examine the use of electronic health record (EHR) systems and other IT applications among pediatricians and other child health providers (CHPs) in Florida...
- Health care for children and youth in the United States: 2002 report on trends in access, utilization, quality, and expendituresLisa Simpson
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:131-53. 2004..To examine changes in insurance coverage, health care utilization, perceived quality of care, and expenditures for children and youth in the United States using data from 1987-2001...
- Lost in translation? Reflections on the role of research in improving health care for childrenLisa Simpson
University of South Florida, Department of Pediatrics, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:125-30. 2004..Children's health care has much to gain from this new emphasis; however, the unique features of children's health, health services, and the history of funding for child health research are limiting our ability to make rapid progress...
- Health care for children and youth in the United States: annual report on patterns of coverage, utilization, quality, and expenditures by incomeLisa Simpson
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL 33712, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:6-44. 2005..To examine differences by income in insurance coverage, health care utilization, expenditures, and quality of care for children in the United States...
- The childhood obesity response in Florida: where do we stand?Tara Trudnak
University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Department of Community and Family Health, Tampa, FL, USA
Child Obes 8:237-42. 2012..This paper examines the scope and challenge of addressing the childhood obesity epidemic in Florida from the perspective of childhood obesity stakeholders...
- Medicaid, hospital financial stress, and the incidence of adverse medical events for childrenRichard B Smith
College of Business, University of South Florida St Petersburg, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1621-41. 2012..To assess the association between Medicaid-induced financial stress of a hospital and the probability of an adverse medical event for a pediatric discharge...
- Health insurance for all children and youth in the United States: a position statement of the Federation of pediatric organizationsPeter G Szilagyi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester NY, USA
J Pediatr 153:301-2. 2008
- Quality measurement: is the glass half full yet?Lisa Simpson
National Initiative for Children s Health Care Quality, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:279-80. 2005
- Medicaid markets and pediatric patient safety in hospitalsRichard B Smith
College of Business, University of South Florida St Petersburg, 140 Seventh Avenue South, COB 348, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1981-98. 2007..To examine the association of Medicaid market characteristics to potentially preventable adverse medical events for hospitalized children, controlling for patient- and hospital-level factors...
- National, state, and local disparities in childhood obesityChristina Bethell
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University OHSU, Portland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:347-56. 2010..This requires policy makers' attention nationally and within states...
- Are our teenagers safe ... from us?Lisa Simpson
J Adolesc Health 38:1-4. 2006
- Health care for children and youth in the United States: 2001 annual report on access, utilization, quality, and expendituresAnne Elixhauser
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Ambul Pediatr 2:419-37. 2002....
- Toward transparent clinical policiesRichard N Shiffman
Pediatrics 121:643-6. 2008....
- Principles for the development and use of quality measuresElizabeth Susan Hodgson
Pediatrics 121:411-8. 2008..In addition, the American Academy of Pediatrics supports reasonable principles for the oversight and implementation of pay-for-performance programs...
- Do pediatric patients with trauma in Florida have reduced mortality rates when treated in designated trauma centers?Etienne E Pracht
University of South Florida College of Public Health, Tampa, FL 33601, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:212-21. 2008....
- The relationship between pediatric volume and information technology adoption in hospitalsNir Menachemi
Center for Patient Safety, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL 32312, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 16:146-52. 2007..However, no study has examined whether patient characteristics of hospitals are related to the adoption of health IT. This study examines IT adoption in hospitals that care for either a large number or a large proportion of children...
- Measuring children's health care qualityLisa Simpson
Child Policy Research Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA lisa
Am J Med Qual 22:80-4. 2007
- Looking forward to impact: moving beyond serendipityCarolyn Clancy
Health Serv Res 37:xiv-xxiii. 2002