P J Simpson-Haidaris
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Anticancer Role of PPARgamma Agonists in Hematological Malignancies Found in the Vasculature, Marrow, and EyesP J Simpson-Haidaris
Department of Medicine Hem Onc Division, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
PPAR Res 2010:814609. 2010....
- Tumors and fibrinogen. The role of fibrinogen as an extracellular matrix proteinP J Simpson-Haidaris
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 936:406-25. 2001..This review focuses on FBG within tumors and its relationship with other tumor constituents, ultimately focusing on the role of FBG in breast cancer...
- Induction of fibrinogen expression in the lung epithelium during Pneumocystis carinii pneumoniaP J Simpson-Haidaris
Departments of Medicine Vascular Medicine Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Infect Immun 66:4431-9. 1998..carinii to the lung epithelium...
- Antigenic properties of recombinant glycosylated and nonglycosylated Pneumocystis carinii glycoprotein A polypeptides expressed in baculovirus-infected insect cellsC G Haidaris
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
Mol Biotechnol 9:91-7. 1998..carinii surface glycoprotein were conserved in the recombinant polypeptide, and to investigate its glycosylation by insect cells. B-cell epitopes were retained, but the insect cells appeared to hyperglycosylate the recombinant protein...
- Cloning of the complete coding sequence of rat fibrinogen B beta chain cDNA: interspecies conservation of fibrin beta 15-42 primary structureM A Courtney
Department of Medicine Hematology Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 5:487-96. 1994....
- Polarized secretion of fibrinogen by lung epithelial cellsG Guadiz
Department of Medicine Vascular Medicine Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 17:60-9. 1997..These data provide evidence that FBG is secreted by lung alveolar epithelial cells vectorially toward the basement membrane, which may reflect in vivo processes associated with local injury, inflammation, and repair mechanisms...
- Cloning and characterization of a lung-specific cDNA corresponding to the gamma chain of hepatic fibrinogenP J Simpson-Haidaris
Department of Medicine, Microbiology and Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
Gene 167:273-8. 1995..Since expression of FBG is up-regulated 2-10-fold in the liver during an inflammatory event, it is possible that lung-specific gamma FBG expression occurs predominantly during lung disease or injury...
- Molecular characterization of mouse Pneumocystis carinii surface glycoprotein AC G Haidaris
Department of Microbiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
DNA Res 5:77-85. 1998..carinii demonstrated 156 identical residues, including 46 cysteines, further supporting the hypothesis for conserved secondary structure, as well as function, for gpA from all P. carinii...
- Fibrinogen binding potentiates FGF-2 but not VEGF induced expression of u-PA, u-PAR, and PAI-1 in endothelial cellsA Sahni
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Thromb Haemost 2:1629-36. 2004..We conclude that fibrinogen increases the capacity of FGF-2, but not of VEGF, to up-regulate u-PA, u-PAR, and PAI-1 in endothelial cells and that fibrinogen-bound FGF-2 requires alphaVbeta3 binding to up-regulate endothelial cell u-PA...
- Fibrinogen synthesized by cancer cells augments the proliferative effect of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2)A Sahni
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:176-83. 2008..Fibrinogen and fibrin bind to FGF-2 and modulate FGF-2 functions. Furthermore, we have shown that extrahepatic epithelial cells are capable of endogenous production of fibrinogen...
- Fibrinogen modulates gene expression in wounded fibroblastsM Pereira
Department of Medicine-Vascular Medicine Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 936:438-43. 2001..Taken together, these data suggest that FBG may function independently of hemostasis in cellular adhesive interactions to modulate cellular signaling processes during wound repair...
- Fibrinogen assembly, secretion, and deposition into extracellular matrix by MCF-7 human breast carcinoma cellsB J Rybarczyk
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
Cancer Res 60:2033-9. 2000..Taken together, the data suggest that endogenous synthesis and secretion of FBG is, at least in part, the source of FBG deposition in the ECM of breast cell carcinomas...
- Integrin alphavbeta3-mediated endocytosis of immobilized fibrinogen by A549 lung alveolar epithelial cellsT M Odrljin
Departments of Medicine/Vascular Medicine Unit, Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Oral Biology, Pediatrics, and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 24:12-21. 2001..Together, these results suggest that endocytosis of matrix-associated FBG by alveolar epithelial cells may be involved in the processes of alveolar tissue repair and matrix remodeling...
- Fibrinogen naples I (B beta A68T) nonsubstrate thrombin-binding capacitiesD A Meh
Blood Research Institute, The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201-2178, USA
Thromb Res 103:63-73. 2001..Thus, reduced high-affinity thrombin binding to homozygotic Naples I fibrin may be related to the absence of low-affinity binding sites...
- Plasma fibrinogen gamma' chain content in the thrombotic microangiopathy syndromeM W Mosesson
The Blood Research Institute, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201 2178, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:62-9. 2007..Together, the gamma'(423P) and gamma'(427L) chains comprise the total plasma fibrinogen gamma' chain content...