Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Construction of preferences by constraint satisfactionDan Simon
University of Southern California, Law School, Los Angeles 90089 0071, USA
Psychol Sci 15:331-6. 2004..The coherence shift preceded commitment to choice. These findings favor constraint-satisfaction models of decision making...
- The emergence of coherence over the course of decision makingD Simon
School of Law, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0071, USA
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 27:1250-60. 2001..The findings support the hypothesis that a coherence-generating mechanism operates in a variety of processing tasks, including decision making...
- The redux of cognitive consistency theories: evidence judgments by constraint satisfactionDan Simon
Law School, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90098 0071, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:814-37. 2004..Coherence shifts were observed also in related background knowledge. This research suggests that cognitive consistency theories should play a greater role in the understanding of human reasoning and decision making...
- Criterion-related validity of a clinical measurement to determine the medial/lateral component of patellar orientationC M Powers
Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 29:372-7. 1999..Repeated measures design using a sample of convenience...
- Bias at the racetrack: effects of individual expertise and task importance on predecision reevaluation of alternativesAaron L Brownstein
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 1061, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 30:891-904. 2004..The findings are attributed to maintenance of consistency throughout a cognitive system...