Jill H Simmons
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Hyponatremia in a neonate: a case reportJill H Simmons
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:525-7. 2005
- Rhinocerebral mucormycosis complicated by internal carotid artery thrombosis in a pediatric patient with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a case report and review of the literatureJill H Simmons
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 6:234-8. 2005..To illustrate that rapid diagnosis and aggressive treatment of rhinocerebral mucormycosis with internal carotid artery occlusion in a pediatric patient can prevent mortality and significant morbidity...
- Impact of celiac autoimmunity on children with type 1 diabetesJill H Simmons
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Pediatr 150:461-6. 2007..Children with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) are at increased risk for celiac disease (CD); however, the benefits of screening for IgA tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies (TG), a marker for CD, are unclear...
- Celiac autoimmunity in children with type 1 diabetes: a two-year follow-upJill H Simmons
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Vanderbilt Children s Hospital, Nashville, TN, USA
J Pediatr 158:276-81.e1. 2011..To determine the benefits of screening for celiac autoimmunity via immunoglobulin A transglutaminase autoantibodies (TG) in children with type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Hypothalamic obesity in a patient with craniopharyngioma: dysregulation of neurohormonal control of energy balanceAristides K Maniatis
Department of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Denver, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:275-9. 2005
- Obesity and insulin resistance in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia worsens during maintenance therapyAdam J Esbenshade
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and the Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1287-91. 2013..To establish the trajectory of development during active treatment, we followed patients longitudinally over the first year of maintenance therapy...
- Treatment with glucagon-like Peptide-1 agonist exendin-4 in a patient with hypothalamic obesity secondary to intracranial tumorJill H Simmons
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 78:54-8. 2012..Glucagon-like peptide-1 agonist exenatide (exendin-4), used for treatment of type 2 diabetes, causes persistent weight loss via signaling in the brainstem...
- Reliability of the Diabetes Fear of Injecting and Self-Testing Questionnaire in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetesJill H Simmons
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 30:987-8. 2007
- Significant 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency in child and adolescent survivors of acute lymphoblastic leukemia: treatment with chemotherapy compared with allogeneic stem cell transplantJill H Simmons
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Vanderbilt Children s Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:1114-9. 2011..25-hydroxyvitamin D insufficiency is common in healthy children and adolescents. There have been limited studies of the 25-hydroxyvitamin D status of survivors of pediatric and adolescent acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Mitigating micro-and macro-vascular complications of diabetes beginning in adolescenceDaniel J Moore
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Vanderbilt Children s Hospital, Nashville, TN 37232 9170, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:1015-31. 2009..In addition, since diabetes is commonly diagnosed in childhood, we will provide a special focus on the care of the adolescent patient...