R J Simeonsson
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Revision of the International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities, and Handicaps: developmental issuesR J Simeonsson
School of Education, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center, Sheryl Mar Suite 100, CB No 8185, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 8185, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 53:113-24. 2000....
- Secondary conditions in children with disabilities: spina bifida as a case exampleRune J Simeonsson
School of Education and Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599 3500, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 8:198-205. 2002..The significance of secondary conditions is that they are preventable. Identifying the mechanisms associated with their manifestation is thus an important priority for the development of effective prevention programs...
- Applying the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) to measure childhood disabilityR J Simeonsson
School of Education and FPG Child Development Institute, CB 8185, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 8185, USA
Disabil Rehabil 25:602-10. 2003..The development of measures should be framed within a framework of children's rights and application of the biopsychosocial model to document profiles of functioning and disability of children...
- Classification of communication disabilities in children: contribution of the International Classification on Functioning, Disability and HealthRune J Simeonsson
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3500, USA
Int J Audiol 42:S2-8. 2003....
- Diagnosis to function: classification for children and youthsDonald J Lollar
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 26:323-30. 2005..The article proposes that serious consideration be given the ICF-CY as an integrated system to clarify constructs, improve communication, and encourage coordination of health services for children and youths...
- ICF and ICD codes provide a standard language of disability in young childrenRune J Simeonsson
School of Education, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina, CB 8185, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 8185, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 59:365-73. 2006....
- Dimensions of behavior of toddlers entering early intervention: child and family correlatesAnita A Scarborough
Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States
Infant Behav Dev 30:466-78. 2007....