Fraser J Sim
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Statin treatment of adult human glial progenitors induces PPAR gamma-mediated oligodendrocytic differentiationFraser J Sim
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
Glia 56:954-62. 2008..Thus, statins may promote oligodendrocyte lineage commitment by parenchymal glial progenitor cells; this might reduce the available progenitor pool, and hence degrade the long-term regenerative competence of the adult white matter...
- Pleiotrophin Suppression of Receptor Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase-β/ζ Maintains the Self-Renewal Competence of Fetal Human Oligodendrocyte Progenitor CellsCrystal R McClain
Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery and Center for Translational Neuromedicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642
J Neurosci 32:15066-75. 2012..These observations suggest that pleiotrophin inhibition of PTPRZ1 contributes to the homeostatic self-renewal of OPCs and that this process is mediated by the tonic activation of β-catenin/TCF-dependent transcription...
- CD140a identifies a population of highly myelinogenic, migration-competent and efficiently engrafting human oligodendrocyte progenitor cellsFraser J Sim
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Nat Biotechnol 29:934-41. 2011..Microarray analysis of CD140a(+) cells revealed overexpression of the oligodendroglial marker CD9, suggesting that CD9(+)/CD140a(+) cells may constitute an even more highly enriched population of myelinogenic progenitor cells...
- Complementary patterns of gene expression by human oligodendrocyte progenitors and their environment predict determinants of progenitor maintenance and differentiationFraser J Sim
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Ann Neurol 59:763-79. 2006..As such, they provide targets by which to productively mobilize resident progenitor cells of the adult human brain...
- Fate determination of adult human glial progenitor cellsFraser J Sim
Center for Translational Neuromedicine, and the Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Neuron Glia Biol 5:45-55. 2009....
- Neurocytoma is a tumor of adult neuronal progenitor cellsFraser J Sim
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 26:12544-55. 2006..This strategy of comparing the gene expression of tumor cells to that of the purified native progenitors from which they derive may provide a focused approach to identifying transcripts important to stem and progenitor cell oncogenesis...
- Non-stem cell origin for oligodendrogliomaAnders I Persson
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 94158, USA
Cancer Cell 18:669-82. 2010..Our results suggest that oligodendroglioma cells show hallmarks of OPCs, and that a progenitor rather than a NSC origin underlies improved prognosis in patients with this tumor...
- Analysis of transforming growth factor β receptor expression and signaling in higher grade meningiomasMahlon D Johnson
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave Box 626, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Neurooncol 103:277-85. 2011..Nonetheless, restoring TGF-β inhibition of meningioma cell proliferation may be an important objective in the design of new chemotherapies for these tumors...
- Prospective identification, isolation, and profiling of a telomerase-expressing subpopulation of human neural stem cells, using sox2 enhancer-directed fluorescence-activated cell sortingSu Wang
Center for Translational Neuromedicine and the Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 30:14635-48. 2010....
- The age-related decrease in CNS remyelination efficiency is attributable to an impairment of both oligodendrocyte progenitor recruitment and differentiationFraser J Sim
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0ES, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 22:2451-9. 2002....
- Expression of the POU-domain transcription factors SCIP/Oct-6 and Brn-2 is associated with Schwann cell but not oligodendrocyte remyelination of the CNSFraser J Sim
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:669-82. 2002....