Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Cdx1 and cdx2 expression during intestinal developmentD G Silberg
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 119:961-71. 2000..This study focused on the complex patterns of expression of Cdx1 and Cdx2 during mouse gastrointestinal development...
- Cdx2 ectopic expression induces gastric intestinal metaplasia in transgenic miceDebra G Silberg
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Gastroenterology 122:689-96. 2002..Cdx2 induces differentiation of intestinal epithelial cells in vitro; therefore, we sought to establish whether a causal relationship exists between Cdx2 activation and intestinal metaplasia...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for progression of Barrett's metaplasia to esophageal carcinomaMichelle Beilstein
Division of Gastroenterology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3rd Floor Ravdin, 2400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 10104, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 31:461-79, ix. 2002..This knowledge will lead to better biomarkers to diagnose and assess cancer risk...
- Intestinal metaplasia with a high salt diet induces epithelial proliferation and alters cell composition in the gastric mucosa of miceFang Xiao
Gastroenterology Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:669-75. 2005..Alteration in the composition of the gastric epithelium may play a role in influencing the microenvironment to engender susceptibility to carcinogens...
- Loss of Klf4 in mice causes altered proliferation and differentiation and precancerous changes in the adult stomachJonathan P Katz
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6145, USA
Gastroenterology 128:935-45. 2005..The epithelial zinc-finger transcription factor Klf4 (formerly GKLF) regulates cellular proliferation and differentiation in vitro. Klf4 null mice die by postnatal day 1 and show changes in epithelial differentiation of skin and colon...
- Regulation of RELM/FIZZ isoform expression by Cdx2 in response to innate and adaptive immune stimulation in the intestineMei Lun Wang
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6144, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G1074-83. 2005....
- The mutant K-ras oncogene causes pancreatic periductal lymphocytic infiltration and gastric mucous neck cell hyperplasia in transgenic miceFelix H Brembeck
Gastrointestinal Unit, Abramson Cancer Center and Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19014, USA
Cancer Res 63:2005-9. 2003..Taken together, we have defined how mutant K-ras signaling modulates important molecular events in the initiating events of pancreatic and gastric carcinogenesis...
- Expression of intestine-specific transcription factors, CDX1 and CDX2, in intestinal metaplasia and gastric carcinomasRaquel Almeida
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto IPATIMUP, 4200 Porto, Portugal
J Pathol 199:36-40. 2003....
- To differentiate or proliferate? The interaction between PI3K/PTEN and Cdx2John P Lynch
Gastroenterology 123:1395-7. 2002
- A novel colonic repressor element regulates intestinal gene expression by interacting with Cux/CDPFrancois Boudreau
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5467-78. 2002..Our results demonstrate that an intestinal gene can be repressed in the distal gut and identify Cux/CDP as a regulator of this repression during development...
- The homeodomain transcription factor Cdx1 does not behave as an oncogene in normal mouse intestineMary Ann S Crissey
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 600 Clinical Research Building, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA
Neoplasia 10:8-19. 2008..Our results therefore suggest that Cdx1 is not an oncogene in normal intestinal epithelium...
- Putative intestine-specific enhancers located in 5' sequence of the CDX1 gene regulate CDX1 expression in the intestineErinn B Rankin
Gastroenterology Div, Dept of Medicine, Univ of Pennsylvania, Ste 600, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G872-80. 2004..8 and -6.8 kb upstream of the CDX1 gene, respectively, which may function as potential intestine-specific enhancers...
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Barrett's EsophagusDebra Silberg; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cdx in GI Differentiation and TransdifferentiationDebra Silberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, the overall goal of this project is to elucidate the biological roles of Cdxl and Cdx2 in intestinal metaplasia and the molecular mechanisms of the transdifferentiation program induced by Cdxl and Cdx2. ..