Affiliation: University of Nevada
- Selected lower-fat foods positively impact nutrient quality in diets of free-living AmericansMadeleine Sigman-Grant
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Las Vegas, NV 89416, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:570-6. 2003..To compare nutrient profiles of Continuing Survey of Food Intake by Individuals (CSFII) respondents who reported use of regular and lower-fat versions of selected foods with those not reporting intake of these foods...
- Defining and interpreting intakes of sugarsMadeleine Sigman-Grant
University of Nevada, College of Cooperative Extension, Reno, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:815S-826S. 2003..Without a common language, accurate and precise measurements, and consensus among scientists, educators, regulatory agencies, and the public, conversations regarding any health effects of sugars may lead to continued misunderstandings...
- About feeding children: mealtimes in child-care centers in four western statesMadeleine Sigman-Grant
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Las Vegas, NV 89123, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:340-6. 2008..These findings bring focus to the need to educate child-care staff and directors about the impact of mealtime environments on child health and development...
- Food choice: balancing benefits and risksMadeleine J Sigman-Grant
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 8050 South Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89123, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:778-80. 2008
- Child care provider training and a supportive feeding environment in child care settings in 4 states, 2003Madeleine Sigman-Grant
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 8050 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89123, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A113. 2011..We also assessed training factors that could account for differences among centers...
- Family-based interventions for the treatment of childhood obesitySachiko T St Jeor
Nutrition Education and Research Program, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno 89557, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:640-4. 2002