Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- IL-1 beta -converting enzyme (caspase-1) in intestinal inflammationB Siegmund
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13249-54. 2001..We conclude that inhibition of ICE represents a novel anti-inflammatory strategy for intestinal inflammation...
- Neutralization of interleukin-18 reduces severity in murine colitis and intestinal IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha productionB Siegmund
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 281:R1264-73. 2001..The stimulation of lamina propria mononuclear cells by IL-18 and IL-12 resulted in a synergistic increase in IFN-gamma synthesis. These findings suggest that IL-18 is a pivotal mediator in experimental colitis...
- Impaired IL-18 processing protects caspase-1-deficient mice from ischemic acute renal failureV Y Melnikov
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Clin Invest 107:1145-52. 2001..Finally, we confirmed histologically that caspase-1(-/-) mice show decreased neutrophil infiltration, indicating that the deleterious role of IL-18 in ischemic ARF may be due to increased neutrophil infiltration...
- Interferon-alpha induces interleukin-18 binding protein in chronic hepatitis C patientsA Kaser
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Exp Immunol 129:332-8. 2002..These anti-inflammatory properties might account - together with its antiviral action - for its clinical efficacy in chronic hepatitis C...
- Leptin receptor expression on T lymphocytes modulates chronic intestinal inflammation in miceB Siegmund
Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik I, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Gut 53:965-72. 2004..Leptin regulates appetite through the long isoform of its receptor in the hypothalamus. Although leptin regulates immune responses, it is still unknown whether a direct effect of leptin on lymphocytes is required...
- Imbalance between interleukin-1 agonists and antagonists: relationship to severity of inflammatory bowel diseaseO Ludwiczek
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Exp Immunol 138:323-9. 2004....
- Therapeutic approaches in inflammatory bowel disease based on the immunopathogenesisB Siegmund
Department of Medicine I, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Germany
Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 49:22-30. 2004..In summary, with regard to this review, treatments, which intervene as early as possible in the initiation of the pathological immune reaction and simultaneously have a favorable side-effect profile, must be the focus of future research...
- Defining the role of T cell-derived leptin in the modulation of hepatic or intestinal inflammation in miceG Fantuzzi
Department of Medicine I, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 142:31-8. 2005....
- Histone deacetylases: novel targets for prevention of colitis-associated cancer in miceR Glauben
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Medicine I, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Gut 57:613-22. 2008..Since inflammatory bowel disease is associated with an increased risk of developing colon cancer, here the combined anti-inflammatory and proapoptotic efficacy of histone deacetylase inhibitors was studied in mouse models...