Paul A Shuper
Affiliation: University of Connecticut
- Alcohol as a correlate of unprotected sexual behavior among people living with HIV/AIDS: review and meta-analysisPaul A Shuper
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, M5S 2S1, Canada
AIDS Behav 13:1021-36. 2009..These findings have implications for the development of interventions to reduce HIV transmission risk behavior in this population...
- Causal considerations on alcohol and HIV/AIDS--a systematic reviewPaul A Shuper
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 33 Russell Street, Room T 518, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2S1
Alcohol Alcohol 45:159-66. 2010..The study aimed to explore the possible causal nature of the association between alcohol consumption and HIV/AIDS...
- Personality as a predictor of unprotected sexual behavior among people living with HIV/AIDS: a systematic reviewPaul A Shuper
Social and Epidemiological Research Department, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH, Toronto, Canada
AIDS Behav 18:398-410. 2014..These findings have implications for the development of interventions to reduce high risk sexual behavior among PLWH. ..
- Alcohol consumption and the intention to engage in unprotected sex: systematic review and meta-analysis of experimental studiesJurgen Rehm
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada
Addiction 107:51-9. 2012..To draw conclusions with respect to the question of whether alcohol has an independent effect on the incidence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)...
- Clinic-based intervention reduces unprotected sexual behavior among HIV-infected patients in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: results of a pilot studyDeborah H Cornman
Center for Health, Intervention, and Prevention, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:553-60. 2008..To evaluate the feasibility, fidelity, and effectiveness of a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention intervention delivered to HIV-infected patients by counselors during routine clinical care in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa...
- Feasibility and impact of brief interventions for frequent cannabis users in CanadaBenedikt Fischer
Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addictions, Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University, 2400, 515 West Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 5K3
J Subst Abuse Treat 44:132-8. 2013..02), and a significant reduction in deep inhalation/breathholding in the C-O group (p = 0.011) compared with controls. Feasibility and short-term impact of the BIs were demonstrated, yet more research is needed...
- The role of sexual arousal and sexual partner characteristics in HIV+ MSM's intentions to engage in unprotected sexual intercoursePaul A Shuper
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Health Psychol 27:445-54. 2008..This study investigated the effects of sexual arousal and sexual partner characteristics as determinants of HIV+ men who have sex with men's (MSM) intentions to engage in unprotected sex...