Affiliation: University of Florida
- Improving the capture of fall events in hospitals: combining a service for evaluating inpatient falls with an incident report systemRonald I Shorr
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, North Florida South Georgia Veterans Health System, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:701-4. 2008..To determine the utility of a fall evaluation service to improve the ascertainment of falls in acute care...
- Restraint use, restraint orders, and the risk of falls in hospitalized patientsRonald I Shorr
Methodist Healthcare Central Unit, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:526-9. 2002..To determine the relationship between physical restraints and falls in the acute hospital setting...
- Predicting the development of diabetes in older adults: the derivation and validation of a prediction ruleAlka M Kanaya
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology and Biostatics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Diabetes Care 28:404-8. 2005..We created a prediction rule in one sample and prospectively validated it for incident diabetes in a separate cohort...
- Multitasking: association between poorer performance and a history of recurrent fallsKimberly A Faulkner
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:570-6. 2007..To examine the association between poorer performance on concurrent walking and reaction time and recurrent falls...
- Diabetes-related complications, glycemic control, and falls in older adultsAnn V Schwartz
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94107 1762, USA
Diabetes Care 31:391-6. 2008..We determined whether diabetes-related complications or treatments are associated with risk of falls in older diabetic adults...
- Trial of Proximity Alarms to Reduce Patient FallsRonald Shorr; Fiscal Year: 2006..Whether or not alarms successfully reduce falls, findings from this proposed study have the potential to widely impact purchasing decisions and clinical practice related to fall prevention in acute-care settings. ..
- CMS Nonpayment for Nosocomial Injury and Risk of Falls in HospitalsRonald I Shorr; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CMS Nonpayment for Nosocomial Injury and Risk of Falls in HospitalsRonald Shorr; Fiscal Year: 2009....