Caroline H Shiboski
Affiliation: University of California
- Oral lesions as the first clinical sign of microscopic polyangiitis: a case reportCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0422, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:707-11. 2002..We report a case of oral lesions, initially thought to be associated with Wegener's granulomatosis, as the first sign of MPA in an otherwise healthy man. To our knowledge, this is the first published case of MPA-associated oral lesions...
- The association of early childhood caries and race/ethnicity among California preschool childrenCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0422, USA
J Public Health Dent 63:38-46. 2003..This paper explores the role of race/ethnicity in the occurrence of early childhood caries (ECC) among California Head Start (HS) and non-HS preschool children...
- Factors associated with use of dental services among HIV-infected and high-risk uninfected womenCaroline H Shiboski
Oral Medicine Clinical Center, Department of Orofacial Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif, 94143 0422, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 136:1242-55. 2005..The authors explored the frequency of dental care utilization and identified the main barriers to access to dental care among U.S. women with HIV infection and uninfected women at high risk of becoming infected...
- Gingival enlargement in pediatric organ transplant recipients in relation to tacrolimus-based immunosuppressive regimensCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
Pediatr Dent 31:38-46. 2009....
- Oral disease burden and utilization of dental care patterns among pediatric solid organ transplant recipientsCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco UCSF, Box 0422, Room S612, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0422, USA
J Public Health Dent 69:48-55. 2009....
- Primary Sjögren's syndrome as a systemic disease: a study of participants enrolled in an international Sjögren's syndrome registryArundathi S Malladi
Division of Rheumatology, University of California San Francisco, 374 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:911-8. 2012..To study the prevalence of extraglandular manifestations in primary Sjögren's syndrome (SS) among participants enrolled in the Sjögren's International Collaborative Clinical Alliance (SICCA) Registry...
- Management of salivary hypofunction during and after radiotherapyCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0422, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:S66.e1-19. 2007..This summary includes basic science, translational and clinical research topics with respect to radiation-induced salivary hypofunction, and provides an evidence-based management algorithm...
- Tongue and tonsil carcinoma: increasing trends in the U.S. population ages 20-44 yearsCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Stomatology, Division of Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Oral Radiology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0422
Cancer 103:1843-9. 2005..The objective of the current study was to explore the trends in both oral cavity and pharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) in younger U.S. populations, in particular tongue and tonsillar SCC...
- Dental disease prevalence among methamphetamine and heroin users in an urban setting: a pilot studyCarolyn Brown
San Francisco General Dental Department, Native American Health Center, San Francisco, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 143:992-1001. 2012..Researchers have reported rampant caries among methamphetamine users. The authors investigated the prevalence of dental disease and associated risk behaviors in methamphetamine users compared with those in heroin users...
- A simplified quantitative method for assessing keratoconjunctivitis sicca from the Sjögren's Syndrome International RegistryJohn P Whitcher
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0422, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:405-15. 2010..To describe, apply, and test a new ocular grading system for assessing keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) using lissamine green and fluorescein...
- Associations between salivary gland histopathologic diagnoses and phenotypic features of Sjögren's syndrome among 1,726 registry participantsTroy E Daniels
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:2021-30. 2011..To examine associations between labial salivary gland (LSG) histopathology and other phenotypic features of Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Gingival enlargement among renal transplant recipients in the era of new-generation immunosuppressantsKatja V Greenberg
Division of Periodontology, Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Periodontol 79:453-60. 2008..We sought to explore the prevalence of GE among renal transplant recipients (RTRs) in relation to cyclosporin and tacrolimus while controlling for the effect of calcium channel blockers (CCBs) and supragingival plaque...
- Racial disparity in stage at diagnosis and survival among adults with oral cancer in the USCaroline H Shiboski
Department of Orofacial Sciences, Division of Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Oral Radiology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0422, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:233-40. 2007..To explore distribution of stage at diagnosis and relative survival rates among US adults with oral cavity cancer in relation to race, and over time...
- Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -9 mRNA is associated with progression of oral dysplasia to cancerRichard C K Jordan
Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94143 0424, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6460-5. 2004....
- Quantitative analysis of cathepsin L mRNA and protein expression during oral cancer progressionMaricris Macabeo-Ong
Department of Stomatology, UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Oral Oncol 39:638-47. 2003..03) but not in the progressing dysplasias suggesting a trend for dysplasias with overexpressed cathepsin L to be more likely to progress to oral cancer...
- Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with menKimberly Page-Shafer
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS 16:2350-2. 2002..PAR%, based on the number of fellatio partners, ranges from 0.10% for one partner to 0.31% for three partners. The risk of HIV attributable to fellatio is extremely low...
- Oral candidiasis as a marker of HIV disease progression among Zimbabwean womenMidion M Chidzonga
Department of Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:579-84. 2008..To estimate oral disease prevalence among Zimbabwean women by HIV serostatus and CD4 cell count and to assess accuracy of oral disease diagnoses made by nurses as compared with an oral surgeon...
- Oral Health Outcomes in Pediatric Transplant RecipientsCAROLINE SHIBOSKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..To collect preliminary data on any potential association between unmet dental needs (e.g., advanced caries, chronic gingival inflammation associated with GE) and history of acute graft rejection episode(s). ..
- ORAL DISEASE AMONG RENAL TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTSCAROLINE SHIBOSKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed career development award would allow Dr. Shiboski to evolve from the post-doctoral level to the level of independent investigator. The candidate intends to devote 80 percent effort to the proposed project. ..