Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Efficacy of systemically administered mutant vesicular stomatitis virus (VSVDelta51) combined with radiation for nasopharyngeal carcinomaNehad M Alajez
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:4891-7. 2008..We evaluated the therapeutic potential of a mutant vesicular stomatitis virus (VSVDelta51) as single treatment modality or in combination with ionizing radiation (RT) in NPC...
- Overexpression of Smurf1 negatively regulates mouse embryonic lung branching morphogenesis by specifically reducing Smad1 and Smad5 proteinsWei Shi
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L293-300. 2004..Thus overexpression of Smurf1 specifically promotes Smad1 and Smad5 ubiquitination and degradation in embryonic lung epithelium, thereby modulating the effects of BMP4 on embryonic lung growth...
- Development, repair and fibrosis: what is common and why it mattersWei Shi
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Respirology 14:656-65. 2009..This leads us to propose the 'Goldilocks' hypothesis of regulatory signaling in lung development and injury repair that everything must be done just right!..
- Smad1 and its target gene Wif1 coordinate BMP and Wnt signaling activities to regulate fetal lung developmentBing Xu
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Development 138:925-35. 2011..This suggests a novel regulatory loop of Bmp4-Smad1-Wif1-Wnt/β-catenin in coordinating BMP and Wnt pathways to control fetal lung development...
- Prenatal lung epithelial cell-specific abrogation of Alk3-bone morphogenetic protein signaling causes neonatal respiratory distress by disrupting distal airway formationJianping Sun
Developmental Biology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Pathol 172:571-82. 2008..Therefore, our data suggest that deficiency of appropriate BMP signaling in lung epithelial cells results in prenatal lung malformation, neonatal atelectasis, and respiratory failure...
- Role of SMAD and non-SMAD signals in the development of Th17 and regulatory T cellsLing Lu
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 184:4295-306. 2010..Therefore, selective targeting of these intracellular TGF-beta signaling pathways during iTreg and Th17 cell development might lead to the development of therapies in treating autoimmune and other chronic inflammatory diseases...
- VEGF-A signaling through Flk-1 is a critical facilitator of early embryonic lung epithelial to endothelial crosstalk and branching morphogenesisPierre Marie del Moral
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Department of Pediatric Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 290:177-88. 2006..These results demonstrate that the VEGF pathway is involved in driving epithelial to endothelial crosstalk in embryonic mouse lung morphogenesis...
- Molecular mechanisms of MMP9 overexpression and its role in emphysema pathogenesis of Smad3-deficient miceBing Xu
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L89-96. 2012..Subsequently, increased bindings of transcription factors including NF-κB and Pea3 to MMP9 promoter significantly upregulate MMP9 transcription, contributing to emphysema pathogenesis...
- Smad1 expression and function during mouse embryonic lung branching morphogenesisCheng Chen
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L1033-9. 2005..Therefore, these data indicate that Smad1, acting as an intracellular BMP signaling pathway component, positively regulates early mouse embryonic lung branching morphogenesis...
- Abnormal mouse lung alveolarization caused by Smad3 deficiency is a developmental antecedent of centrilobular emphysemaHui Chen
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L683-91. 2005..Therefore, these results indicate that Smad3 not only has a positive regulatory impact on neonatal lung alveolarization but also potentially plays a protective role against the occurrence of centrilobular emphysema later on in life...
- Lung organogenesisDavid Warburton
The Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 90:73-158. 2010....
- A novel function for the protein tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 during lung branching morphogenesisDenise Tefft
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 282:422-31. 2005..Our results show that the protein tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 plays an essential role in modulating growth factor mediated tyrosine kinase receptor activation in early embryonic lung branching morphogenesis...
- Sprouty2 downregulation plays a pivotal role in mediating crosstalk between TGF-beta1 signaling and EGF as well as FGF receptor tyrosine kinase-ERK pathways in mesenchymal cellsWei Ding
Developmental Biology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Saban Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Cell Physiol 212:796-806. 2007..Together, the combined operation of transcriptional and post-translational mechanisms suggests that regulation of Spry2 is a crucial event and emphasizes the important role that Spry2 plays in controlling cell behaviors...
- Antigen-specific transforming growth factor β-induced Treg cells, but not natural Treg cells, ameliorate autoimmune arthritis in mice by shifting the Th17/Treg cell balance from Th17 predominance to Treg cell predominanceNing Kong
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:2548-58. 2012....
- The milieu of damaged alveolar epithelial type 2 cells stimulates alveolar wound repair by endogenous and exogenous progenitorsSusan Buckley
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:1212-21. 2011..Thus, the microenvironment created by AEC2 damage not only promotes autocrine repair but also can attract uncommitted stem cells, which further augment healing through cytokine secretion and differentiation...
- Molecular mechanisms of early lung specification and branching morphogenesisDavid Warburton
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Res 57:26R-37R. 2005....
- Lung alveolar integrity is compromised by telomere shortening in telomerase-null miceJooeun Lee
Saban Inst for Research, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, MS 35, 4661 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L57-70. 2009..9631). Thus lung alveolar integrity, particularly in the distal epithelial compartment, depends on proper telomere maintenance...
- All-trans retinoic acid promotes TGF-β-induced Tregs via histone modification but not DNA demethylation on Foxp3 gene locusLing Lu
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24590. 2011..Our objective, therefore, was to determine how atRA promotes the differentiation of iTregs...
- Smad3 deficiency attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in miceJingsong Zhao
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L585-93. 2002..These results show that Smad3 contributes to bleomycin-induced lung injury and that Smad3 may serve as a novel target for potential therapeutic treatment of lung fibrosis...
- Genomic structure and promoter characterization of the human Sprouty4 gene, a novel regulator of lung morphogenesisWei Ding
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, and Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine and School of Dentistry, 90027, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L52-9. 2004..Homology analysis further showed that the core promoter region of the hSpry4 gene exhibits significant similarity to the 5'-flanking region of the mouse gene...
- TGFβ signaling plays a critical role in promoting alternative macrophage activationDapeng Gong
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
BMC Immunol 13:31. 2012..Whereas it is well-established that IL-4 can drive alternative activation, if lack of TGFβ signaling at physiological levels affects M2 polarization has not been addressed...
- TACE is required for fetal murine cardiac development and modelingWei Shi
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar St, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 261:371-80. 2003..The data suggest that TACE-mediated cell surface protein ectodomain shedding plays an essential and a novel regulatory role during cardiac development and modeling...
- Stem/progenitor cells in lung development, injury repair, and regenerationDavid Warburton
Developmental Biology, Regenerative Medicine and Surgery Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4661 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles CA 90027, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 5:703-6. 2008..Further work will be needed to translate stem/progenitor cell therapy for the lung...
- miR-17 family of microRNAs controls FGF10-mediated embryonic lung epithelial branching morphogenesis through MAPK14 and STAT3 regulation of E-Cadherin distributionGianni Carraro
Developmental Biology, Regenerative Medicine and Surgery Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine and School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 333:238-50. 2009....
- BMP4 activation and secretion are negatively regulated by an intracellular gremlin-BMP4 interactionJianping Sun
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Biol Chem 281:29349-56. 2006..Similar regulatory mechanisms may be utilized by other DAN family proteins...
- Adoptive transfer of induced-Treg cells effectively attenuates murine airway allergic inflammationWei Xu
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40314. 2012..Therefore, adoptive transfer of in vitro induced Treg cells may be a promising therapeutic approach to prevent and treat severe asthma...
- Deficient Alk3-mediated BMP signaling causes prenatal omphalocele-like defectJianping Sun
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, MS 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:238-43. 2007....
- Isolation of purified and live Foxp3+ regulatory T cells using FACS sorting on scatter plotXiaohui Zhou
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Mol Cell Biol 2:164-9. 2010..This method provides a valuable tool for the study of the T regulatory cell biology and their therapeutic manipulation...
- Lung development and susceptibility to chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDavid Warburton
Saban Research Institute Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd 35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:668-72. 2006..The hope is that providing the correct exogenous signals can coax them into doing so...
- Mouse models of prostate adenocarcinoma with the capacity to monitor spontaneous carcinogenesis by bioluminescence or fluorescenceChun Peng Liao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:7525-33. 2007..These refined models should be useful in the elucidation of mechanisms of prostate cancer progression, and for the development of approaches to preclinical intervention...
- Lo, and the niche is knit: lysyl oxidase activity and maintenance of lung, aorta, and skin integrityDavid Warburton
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Pathol 167:921-2. 2005
- Lung development and adult lung diseasesWei Shi
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd MS35, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Chest 132:651-6. 2007..Subtle abnormalities of lung structure and function are found in clinically asymptomatic CF infants. Finally, airway remodeling due to chronic inflammation is important in infants who later acquire asthma...
- Synergistic effect of TGF-beta superfamily members on the induction of Foxp3+ TregLing Lu
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, and Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:142-52. 2010..In addition, the synergistic effect of BMP-2/4 and TGF-beta indicates that the simultaneous manipulation of TGF-beta and BMP signaling might have considerable effects in the clinical setting for the enhancement of Treg purity and yield...
- Functional analysis of the human Sprouty2 gene promoterWei Ding
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Research Institute, Department of Pediatric Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Gene 322:175-85. 2003..To our knowledge, this is the first promoter study of any mammalian Sprouty gene. We propose that the high-level basal expression of hSpry2 is controlled by multiple transcription factors binding to its proximal promoter...
- Protein phosphatase 1alpha is required for murine lung growth and morphogenesisKadija Kathy Hormi-Carver
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Dev Dyn 229:791-801. 2004..These data suggest that PP1alpha is required for branching morphogenesis and differentiation...
- Growth factor signaling in lung morphogenetic centers: automaticity, stereotypy and symmetryDavid Warburton
Developmental Biology Program, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Research Institute and the Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine and School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, USA
Respir Res 4:5. 2003....
- Meningitic Escherichia coli K1 penetration and neutrophil transmigration across the blood-brain barrier are modulated by alpha7 nicotinic receptorFeng Chi
Department of Pediatrics, Saban Research Institute, University of Southern California, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25016. 2011..Taken together, our data suggest that α7 nAChR plays a detrimental role in the host defense against meningitic infection by modulation of pathogen invasion, PMN recruitment, calcium signaling and neuronal inflammation...
- [The role of HOXB4 gene in the regulation of proliferation and differentiation of hematopietic stem cell]Wei Shi
Sheng Li Ke Xue Jin Zhan 35:60-2. 2004
- Heterochromatin and tri-methylated lysine 20 of histone H4 in animalsNiki Kourmouli
Nuclear Reprogramming Laboratory, Division of Gene Expression and Development, Roslin Institute, Edinburgh, EH25 9PS, UK
J Cell Sci 117:2491-501. 2004..We also present evidence that Me(3)K20H4 is dependent upon H3-specific Suv(3)9 histone methyltransferase activity, suggesting that there may be 'epigenetic cross-talk' between histones H3 and H4...
- The pineapple eye gene is required for survival of Drosophila imaginal disc cellsWei Shi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Genetics 165:1869-79. 2003..The pineapple eye gene was identified and predicted to encode a novel 582-amino-acid protein. The protein contains a novel, cysteine-rich domain of 270 amino acids also found in predicted proteins of unknown function from other animals...
- Induction of a senescent-like phenotype does not confer the ability of bovine immortal cells to support the development of nuclear transfer embryosWei Shi
Department of Molecular Animal Breeding and Biotechnology, University of Munich, D-85764 Munich, Germany
Biol Reprod 69:301-9. 2003..The beneficial effect of NaBu on the developmental potential of cloned embryos reconstructed from BFF merits further studies...
- [Construction of eukaryotic expression vector of mouse alpha-fetoprotein cDNA and its expression in dendritic cells and in vitro antitumor effect on hepatoma]Bin Zeng
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410011, PR China
Ai Zheng 24:1332-7. 2005..AFP2/DCs can specifically activate T lymphocytes in vitro and effectively induce antitumor immune response...
- Laminin, VEGF, and bone matrix protein expression in uroepithelial bone induction--a canine modelYin Xiao
AOSpine Reference Centre, School of Engineering Systems, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Connect Tissue Res 47:102-9. 2006..The sequential expression of bone matrix proteins by differentiated osteogenetic cells indicates a subsequent sequence of bone autoinduction...
- A conditionally replicating adenovirus for nasopharyngeal carcinoma gene therapyMarie C Chia
Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Princess Margaret Hospital/Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Mol Ther 9:804-17. 2004..We have successfully established a conditionally replicating adenovirus for EBV-positive NPC, which is both safe and efficacious, indicating a strategy that may be therapeutically applicable...
- [The maintenance of cord blood CD34+ progenitor cells with plant lectin FRIL in vitro and the expression of related cell cycle modulator HTm4 and HTm4S]Xiao-yan Xie
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Beijing Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Beijing 100850, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 56:306-12. 2004..In other words, HTm4 and HTm4S may play a crucial role in the cell cycle modulation of CD34(+) progenitor cells maintained with FRIL in vitro...
- Multiple dysregulated pathways in nasopharyngeal carcinoma revealed by gene expression profilingWei Shi
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
Int J Cancer 119:2467-75. 2006..The role of survivin in resisting apoptosis in NPC was confirmed by RNA interference. Our data provide novel insights into the development and progression of NPC, and suggest survivin as a novel therapeutic target for NPC...
- Efficacy of targeted FasL in nasopharyngeal carcinomaJian-Hua Li
Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario MS 1A1, Canada
Mol Ther 8:964-73. 2003..These results demonstrate the efficacy of our EBV-specific targeting strategy, which allows the potentially safe and effective utilization of a highly potent membrane-based apoptotic gene...
- IL-12p40 is not required for islet allograft rejectionEn-Guang Bi
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1065-70. 2006..CONCLUSION: The results suggested that, although islet allograft rejection is believed to be Th1-cell predominant, the Th1 response inducer, IL-12 and IL-23 are not essential to induce islet allograft rejection...
- Frap, FKBP12 rapamycin-associated protein, is a candidate gene for the plasmacytoma resistance locus Pctr2 and can act as a tumor suppressor geneValery Bliskovsky
Laboratory of Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4258, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14982-7. 2003..By analogy, human cancer may also result from the combined effects of several inefficient alleles...
- Scavenger receptor class B type I reduces cholesterol absorption in cultured enterocyte CaCo-2 cellsLei Cai
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Lipid Res 45:253-62. 2004..Our data argue against a direct role for SR-BI in micellar cholesterol uptake. However, SR-BI might be involved in cholesterol absorption by facilitating cholesterol efflux to micelles...
- [Polymorphism of the HLA-DMA in Han nationality in Hunan Province]Wen Cheng
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:91, 93. 2002
- Heterochromatin, HP1 and methylation at lysine 9 of histone H3 in animalsIan G Cowell
Division of Gene Expression and Development, The Roslin Institute Edinburgh, Midlothian, UK
Chromosoma 111:22-36. 2002..Finally, we provide evidence that Me9H3 is neither necessary nor sufficient for localisation of heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1) to chromosomal DNA...
- Choroideremia gene product affects trophoblast development and vascularization in mouse extra-embryonic tissuesWei Shi
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin Dahlem, Germany
Dev Biol 272:53-65. 2004..spretus X-chromosome rather than a modifier effect. Our results demonstrate that Chm is essential for diploid trophoblast development and plays a role in the vascularization in placenta and yolk sac...
- Peritubular capillary loss is ameliorated by ramipril or valsartan treatmentBin Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Nanfang Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Microcirculation 15:337-48. 2008..To identify the preservation of peritubular capillaries conferred by ramipril or valsartan treatment as an additional mechanism for their renoprotection...
- Highly efficient photoactivation of Mn-depleted photosystem II by imidazole-liganded manganese complexesBin Liu
State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry of Unstable and Stable Species, Center for Molecular Science, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100080, China
J Biol Inorg Chem 11:626-32. 2006....
- [A distinct whole nucleus stain pattern of gamma H2AX induced by N-methyl-No-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine]Yan-Ke Yu
Department of Public Health, Center for Environmental Genomics, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:635-41. 2006..CONCLUSION: Although normal gammaH2AX foci were regarded as a biomarker for DSBs, the whole nucleus stain pattern might represent DNA damage other than DSBs...
- Imaging the modulation of adenoviral kinetics and biodistribution for cancer gene therapyJoseph D Mocanu
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Ther 15:921-9. 2007..This study reports the favorable modulation by STI571 of the biodistribution of adenoviral vectors, providing a potential approach to improving therapeutic outcome...
- Synthesis of daunorubicin analogues containing truncated aromatic cores and unnatural monosaccharide residuesEric Fan
Alberta Ingenuity Centre for Carbohydrate Science and Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Gunning Lemieux Chemistry Centre, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G2, Canada
J Org Chem 72:2917-28. 2007..The IC50 values for the latter group of compounds were in the range of 94-134 microM, compared to 17 microM for doxorubicin and 5 microM for daunorubicin...
- Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1Umashankar Singh
Department of Development and Genetics, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 234:1034-45. 2005..This strongly suggested that altered expression of Car2 and Ncam1 is a downstream event in placental hyperplasia...
- [Effects of CD147 on the production of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by fibroblasts and the invasion of melanoma cells]Xiang Chen
Department of Dermatology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008 China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 30:249-52. 2005..To investigate a possible role of CD147 in the production of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) by fibroblasts and the invasion of melanoma cells...
- Role of impaired peritubular capillary and hypoxia in progressive interstitial fibrosis after 56 subtotal nephrectomy of ratsBin Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Guangdong Provincial People's Hospital, Guangzhou, PR China
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:351-7. 2005..CONCLUSION: PTC loss or hypoxic milieu in the tubulointerstitium is a pathological event, which may contribute to the developing interstitial fibrosis mediated by direct hypoxic effects and via hypoxia-induced TGF-beta1 expression...
- Fetal loss in homozygous mutant Norrie disease mice: a new role of Norrin in reproductionUlrich F O Luhmann
Division of Medical Molecular Genetics and Gene Diagnostics, Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Zurich, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Genesis 42:253-62. 2005..Taken together, these data provide strong evidence for Norrin playing an important role in female reproductive tissues...
- Identifying cis-regulatory elements by statistical analysis and phylogenetic footprinting and analyzing their coexistence and related gene ontologyWei Shi
Bioinformatics Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Physiol Genomics 31:374-84. 2007..This exploration verifies the putative cis-regulatory elements that have been found from this study and also gives new insight on the regulation mechanisms of gene expression...
- Imaging and modulating antisense microdistribution in solid human xenograft tumor modelsJoseph D Mocanu
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:5935-41. 2007..Antisense oligodeoxynucleotides (ASO) are a class of therapeutics where limited information is available about their distribution within a solid tumor environment...
- Dominant-negative HIF-3 alpha 4 suppresses VHL-null renal cell carcinoma progressionMindy A Maynard
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:2810-6. 2007....
- Intensive management affects composition of betaproteobacterial ammonia oxidizers in turfgrass systemsEmily A Dell
Department of Soil Science, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7619, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Microb Ecol 56:178-90. 2008..e., 23 and 95 years old); fine-scale differences within Nitrosospira cluster 3 were seen between native pines and turf. Further investigations are needed to elucidate the ecological implications of the compositional differences...
- DJ-1, a novel regulator of the tumor suppressor PTENRaymond H Kim
Advanced Medical Discovery Institute, The Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada M5G 2C1
Cancer Cell 7:263-73. 2005..DJ-1 is thus a key negative regulator of PTEN that may be a useful prognostic marker for cancer...
- A tumor-selective biotherapy with prolonged impact on established metastases based on cytokine gene-engineered MSCsXiancheng Chen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Medical School, Second West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Mol Ther 16:749-56. 2008..05). These data indicate the potential of cytokine-engineered MSCs to be considered as an integrated therapeutic weapon for targeting advanced malignancies...
- Impact of erythrocyte Duffy antigen genetic polymorphism on the distribution of GroBeta-T, a novel human CXC chemokineTimothy W Hepburn
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharm Pharm Sci 10:486-95. 2007..We used a combination of in vitro studies of Grobeta-DARC interaction and pharmacokinetic simulation to anticipate the potential impact of this polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics of Grobeta-T...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Lung Branching MorphogenesisWei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2007..This basic information may aid in the future design of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat developmental pulmonary diseases. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Lung Branching MorphogenesisWei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2005..This basic information may aid in the future design of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat such serious pulmonary diseases as lung hypoplasia, bronchopulmonary dysplasia and emphysema. ..
- SMAD MEDIATED SIGNALING DURING LUNG MORPHOGENESISWei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this project will provide new rationales for novel therapeutic strategies to modulate TGF-beta signaling during lung development, injury, repair, and disease. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Lung Branching MorphogenesisWei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..This basic information may aid in the future design of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat developmental pulmonary diseases. ..