Affiliation: University of Utah
- Minimal access cochlear implant fixation: temporalis pocket with a plateClough Shelton
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Otol Neurotol 33:1530-4. 2012..We compare wound complications and electrode migration for a group undergoing conventional exposure and device fixation using a bone well and sutures with a group undergoing minimal access with plate fixation...
- Apparent cochlear nerve aplasia: to implant or not to implant?Frank M Warren
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, U S A
Otol Neurotol 31:1088-94. 2010..To describe the imaging findings and clinical outcomes of children with apparent cochlear nerve aplasia undergoing cochlear implantation...
- Imaging characteristics of metastatic lesions to the cerebellopontine angleFrank M Warren
Division of Otolaryngology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Otol Neurotol 29:835-8. 2008..To describe characteristic features of metastatic lesion to the cerebellopontine angle (CPA) and internal auditory canal (IAC)...
- Congenital cholesteatoma of the mastoid temporal boneFrank M Warren
Division of Otolaryngology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1389-94. 2007..We evaluated our series of mastoid congenital cholesteatomas (CCs) in an effort to better define the clinical presentation, imaging characteristics, and surgical challenges specific to this lesion...
- Surgical approaches for resection of vestibular schwannomas: translabyrinthine, retrosigmoid, and middle fossa approachesRoukoz Chamoun
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Neurosciences Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Neurosurg Focus 33:E9. 2012..In this report and videos, the authors describe and illustrate the indications and surgical techniques for the removal of these tumors...
- Combined petrosal approaches in the management of temporal bone meningiomasAndrew Baugh
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Otol Neurotol 28:236-9. 2007..To evaluate the indications and outcomes of the combined petrosal approaches in the surgical management of temporal bone meningiomas...
- The surgical learning curve in aural atresia surgeryNirmal Patel
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Laryngoscope 117:67-73. 2007..The objective of this retrospective case review is to examine the effect of surgical learning on hearing outcomes and complications in congenital aural atresia surgery...
- Ganglion cyst of the temporomandibular joint with intracranial extension in a patient presenting with seventh cranial nerve palsyMichael L Mumert
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Neurosurg 116:310-2. 2012..After a satisfactory surgical decompression, the patient demonstrated a significant recovery in her facial palsy over a 3-month period of time. This case presents new clinical and radiographic findings associated with these lesions...