Lina A Shehadeh
Affiliation: University of Miami
- SRRM2, a potential blood biomarker revealing high alternative splicing in Parkinson's diseaseLina A Shehadeh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9104. 2010..The discovery of laboratory markers that will enhance diagnostic accuracy, allow pre-clinical detection and tracking of disease progression is critically needed. These biomarkers may include transcripts with different isoforms...
- Dynamic regulation of vascular myosin light chain (MYL9) with injury and agingLina A Shehadeh
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25855. 2011..Elucidating the molecular response of arteries to injury and age will help understand the exaggerated remodeling of aging vessels...
- Expression of the Argonaute protein PiwiL2 and piRNAs in adult mouse mesenchymal stem cellsQiuling Wu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Vascular Biology Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:915-20. 2010..The results suggest broader roles for Piwi in genome surveillance beyond the germ line and a possible role in regulating the cell cycle of mesenchymal stem cells...
- Extracellular matrix-induced gene expression in human breast cancer cellsNandor Garamszegi
Department of Orthopaedics, Sarcoma Biology Laboratory of Sylvester Comprehensive Cnacer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:319-29. 2009..These results extend the complexity and the existing paradigms of ECM-cell communication to ECM ligand regulation without the necessity of mechanical coupling...
- Macrophage-derived IL-18 and increased fibrinogen deposition are age-related inflammatory signatures of vascular remodelingLuis Rodriguez-Menocal
Department of Surgery and Vascular Biology Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 306:H641-53. 2014..In conclusion, our data reveal that concentration changes in vascular cytokine and fibrinogen following injury in aging rats contribute to local inflammation and postinjury neointima formation...
- Age-related molecular genetic changes of murine bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsAmber Wilson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, and the Vascular Biology Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
BMC Genomics 11:229. 2010..Age has been linked with changes in osteogenic and adipogenic potential of MSCs...