Affiliation: University of Illinois
- The chemopreventive efficacy of inhaled oltipraz particulates in the B[a]P-induced A/J mouse lung adenoma modelSheela Sharma
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Program, Alion Life and Environmental Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1721-7. 2006..The data from this study show that oltipraz is an effective agent for lung cancer prevention, when it is delivered directly to the target tissue as aerosolized particulates...
- Quantitative morphometry of respiratory tract epithelial cells as a tool for testing chemopreventive agent efficacySheela Sharma
Division of Toxicology and Preclinical Studies, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, P O Box 12137, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Anticancer Res 30:737-42. 2010..As there is strong correlation between the FIA and morphometry data, morphometry analysis is useful for rapid screening of potential chemopreventive agents...
- Chemopreventive efficacy and mechanism of licofelone in a mouse lung tumor model via aspirationSheela Sharma
Center for Preclinical Safety and Efficacy, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Six Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1233-42. 2011..This is the first study to show that the aspiration route can be an excellent inexpensive alternative to inhalation for direct delivery of drugs to rodent lungs for efficacy testing of potential chemopreventive agents...
- Toxicity profile of solvents by aspiration approach for topical agent delivery to respiratory tract epitheliumSheela Sharma
Division of Toxicology and Preclinical Studies, The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Int J Toxicol 30:358-66. 2011..1% and 2% PEG-400, and 1% labrasol by longer dosing. All solvents except for 10% ethanol and 2% PEG-400 are suitable for agent aspiration...
- Differential activity of NO synthase inhibitors as chemopreventive agents in a primary rat tracheal epithelial cell transformation systemSheela Sharma
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Program, ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Neoplasia 4:332-6. 2002..The data from this study identify NOS inhibitors as a novel class of chemopreventive agents that can be developed for lung cancer prevention...
- Genotoxicity of intermittent co-exposure to benzene and toluene in male CD-1 miceBarbara A Wetmore
The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, 6 Davis Drive, PO Box 12137, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2137, USA
Chem Biol Interact 173:166-78. 2008....