- Interest in services among prostate cancer patients receiving androgen deprivation therapyPamela J Shapiro
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
Psychooncology 13:512-25. 2004..Health care providers should consider integrating increased informational support into routine care and, more generally, consider patient preferences in prioritizing and designing support services...
- Distress, psychiatric morbidity, and prescriptions for psychotropic medication in a breast cancer waiting room sampleJames C Coyne
Departments of Psychiatry and Hematology Oncology, Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:121-8. 2004..The low rate of untreated psychiatric morbidity may signal a need for multisite collaborations to generate adequate numbers of participants in clinical trials...
- Prescribing antidepressants to advanced cancer patients with mild depressive symptoms is not justifiedJames C Coyne
J Clin Oncol 22:205-6; author reply 206-8. 2004
- Peer-support in coping with medical uncertainty: discussion of oophorectomy and hormone replacement therapy on a web-based message boardRegina H Kenen
The College of New Jersey, NJ, USA
Psychooncology 16:763-71. 2007....
- Women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations renegotiating a post-prophylactic mastectomy identity: self-image and self-disclosureRegina H Kenen
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, The College of New Jersey, PO Box 7718, Ewing, NJ 08628 0718, USA
J Genet Couns 16:789-98. 2007..Results are discussed in terms of Goffman's concepts "stigma" and "disclosure" and Charmaz's concepts "interruptions," "intrusions" and a "dreaded future."..