George R Shannon
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Does payment structure influence change in physical functioning after rehabilitation therapy?George R Shannon
Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90028 0191, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 23:63-78. 2004....
- Reductions in costly healthcare service utilization: findings from the Care Advocate ProgramGeorge R Shannon
Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Center of Excellence, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1102-7. 2006..To determine whether a telephone care-management intervention for high-risk Medicare health maintenance organization (HMO) health plan enrollees can reduce costly medical service utilization...
- Partnering managed care and community-based services for frail elders: the care advocate programKathleen H Wilber
Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90028, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:807-12. 2003....
- Reduced mortality: the unexpected impact of a telephone-based care management intervention for older adults in managed careGretchen E Alkema
Davis School of Gerontology, University of Southern California, 3715 McClintock Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0191, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1632-50. 2007..This analysis evaluated mortality over 24 months for Medicare managed care members who participated in the Care Advocate Program (CA Program) designed to link those with high health care utilization to home- and community-based services...
- Using interagency collaboration to serve older adults with chronic care needs: the Care Advocate ProgramGretchen E Alkema
The Andrus Gerontology Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089, USA
Fam Community Health 26:221-9. 2003..It concludes with lessons learned when partners from different settings work together to design and implement a demonstration program...
- What the resident meant to say: use of cognitive interviewing techniques to develop questionnaires for nursing home residentsPatricia Housen
Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System HSR and D Center of Excellence and Geriatrics Research and Clinical Care, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gerontologist 48:158-69. 2008..This study demonstrates how CIs can be used to improve questionnaires intended for nursing home residents...