Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Wall shear stress measured by phase contrast cardiovascular magnetic resonance in children and adolescents with pulmonary arterial hypertensionUyen Truong
Department for Bioengineering, University of Colorado, 13123 E, 16th Avenue B100, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:81. 2013..Given that WSS is known to promote architectural vessel remodeling, it is imperative that the changes of this factor be quantified in the presence of PAH...
- Extubation force depends upon angle of force application and fixation technique: a study of 7 methodsJennifer L Wagner
Department of Bioengineering, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 14:74. 2014..Due to the unpredictable and dynamic nature of circumstances surrounding intubation, thorough evaluation of tube restraints may help reduce airway accidents such as tube dislodgement and unplanned extubation...
- Linked opening angle and histological and mechanical aspects of the proximal pulmonary arteries of healthy and pulmonary hypertensive rats and calvesLian Tian
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1810-8. 2011..We conclude that the arterial remodeling in rat and calf proximal PAs is different and the change of opening angle can be linked to the change of the arterial histological structure and mechanics...
- In vivo measurement of proximal pulmonary artery elastic modulus in the neonatal calf model of pulmonary hypertension: development and ex vivo validationKendall S Hunter
Center for Bioengineering, University of Colorado at Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:968-75. 2010..Such measurements may be a valuable tool in the diagnosis and treatment of human PH...
- Nucleus replacement device failure: a case report and biomechanical studyEmily M Lindley
Department of Orthopaedics, The Spine Center, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:E1241-7. 2010..Case report and biomechanical study...
- High pulsatility flow induces adhesion molecule and cytokine mRNA expression in distal pulmonary artery endothelial cellsMin Li
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 37:1082-92. 2009..Thus, this study was designed to examine the responses of the microvascular pulmonary endothelium to changes in flow pulsatility...