Ruty Mehrian Shai
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- DNA methylation profiles in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and their relationship to gene expression statusB L Pike
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Leukemia 22:1035-43. 2008..Overall, further investigation of the highlighted CpG islands as potential clinical biomarkers is warranted...
- Pharmacogenomics of brain cancer and personalized medicine in malignant gliomasRuty Mehrian Shai
USC Keck School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Future Oncol 4:525-34. 2008..We will discuss relevant scientific advances in pharmacogenetics for more personalized chemotherapy...
- Robustness of gene expression profiling in glioma specimen samplings and derived cell linesRuty Mehrian Shai
Department of Human Genetics, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 136:99-103. 2005..In general, the tumor cell lines vary greatly from the parental tissues and cluster more strongly with each other than the parental tissue. We select and examine the set of genes altered in expression to allow adaptation to cell culture...
- Insulin growth factor-binding protein 2 is a candidate biomarker for PTEN status and PI3K/Akt pathway activation in glioblastoma and prostate cancerR Mehrian-Shai
Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5563-8. 2007....
- Genomics in breast and prostate cancer: assessment of the current state and future perspectivesRuty Mehrian-Shai
Institute for Genetic Medicine USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Future Oncol 2:357-62. 2006..We highlight recent successes and suggest new approaches with a personal, if not provocative, perspective...
- Microarray tools for deciphering complex diseasesRuty Mehrian Shai
University of Southern California, Institute for Genetic Medicine, CSC IGM 263, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Front Biosci 11:1414-24. 2006..This will facilitate precise diagnosis prognosis and therapy...
- Expression of intracellular filament, collagen, and collagenase genes in diabetic and normal skin after injuryKathleen E Rodgers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Wound Repair Regen 14:298-305. 2006..Therefore, differences in gene expression exist between mouse strains and can assist in understanding of physiological manifestations, including delayed healing, in diabetic mice...
- Role of CHOP in hepatic apoptosis in the murine model of intragastric ethanol feedingCheng Ji
USC UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:1496-503. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the role of CHOP in hepatocellular apoptosis and liver injury in this model...
- Effects of KGF on alveolar epithelial cell transdifferentiation are mediated by JNK signalingRenli Qiao
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Southern California, 2020 Zonal Avenue, HMR911, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:239-46. 2008..These results indicate that retention of the AT2 cell phenotype by KGF involves c-Jun and suggest that activation of c-Jun kinase may be an important determinant of maintenance of AT2 cell phenotype...
- Comparisons of PCR-based genome amplification systems using CpG island microarraysBrian L Pike
The Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Hum Mutat 27:589-96. 2006..Furthermore, we demonstrate that DNA microarrays provide a robust platform for rapidly evaluating the ability of different PCR systems to amplify difficult genomic regions targeted for mutational, resequencing, and genotyping analyses...
- A new locus for autosomal dominant amelogenesis imperfecta on chromosome 8q24.3Gustavo Mendoza
Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSC 240, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hum Genet 120:653-62. 2007..However, no causative mutation was identified...
- Identification of novel genes expressed during mouse tooth development by microarray gene expression analysisTrevor J Pemberton
Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Dev Dyn 236:2245-57. 2007..Of the remaining two, one was found to be more widely expressed (Sp7) and the other was found to be specific to the nasal serous gland, which is close to, but distinct from, the developing tooth (Vrm)...