Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Role of the renin-angiotensin system in the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaDinesh M Shah
Univ of Wisconsin Medical School, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 202 S Park Str, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F614-25. 2005..Future investigations are proposed to more precisely define the role of activation of the uteroplacental RAS in the mechanisms underlying preeclampsia...
- The role of RAS in the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaDinesh M Shah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Wisconsin Meriter, 202 S Park Street, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 8:144-52. 2006..In this review, these various aspects are critically examined and an integrated concept on the role of RAS in preeclampsia is presented...
- Preeclampsia: new insightsDinesh M Shah
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Meriter Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 16:213-20. 2007..This review describes recent advances in the role of the renin-angiotensin system and angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors of placental origin in its pathogenesis...
- Prenatal diagnosis of Chiari malformation with syringomyelia in the second trimesterJesus Igor Iruretagoyena
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Meriter Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin 53715 1599, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:184-6. 2010..On further fetal evaluation, an abnormal brain ultrasound was identified. Prenatal diagnosis of Chiari type 1 malformation and syringomyelia is almost nonexistent when reviewing the literature is the reason why this case is presented...
- Outcomes for fetal echogenic bowel during the second trimester ultrasoundJesus I Iruretagoyena
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal Fetal Medicine Division, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:1271-3. 2010..To investigate the association between fetal echogenic bowel (FEB) during the second trimester and perinatal outcome...
- Curcumin down-regulates Ets-1 and Bcl-2 expression in human endometrial carcinoma HEC-1-A cellsZiming Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 7E Meriter Hospital, 202 South Park Street, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Gynecol Oncol 106:541-8. 2007..The present study was undertaken to determine the effect of curcumin on the expression of the proto-oncogene Ets-1 and the anti-apoptotic molecule Bcl-2 in human endometrial adenocarcinoma HEC-1-A cells...
- Bilateral retinal occlusion progressing to long-lasting blindness in severe preeclampsiaEduardo Lara-Torre
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:940-2. 2002..Most cases have been attributed to cortical cerebral edema with transient vision impairment. We present a patient with bilateral retinal arteriole occlusions causing permanent blindness...
- REGULATION OF RENIN AND PREECLAMPTIC HYPERTENSIONDinesh Shah; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will improve our understanding of the role of progesterone in the regulation of reproductive renin and may provide a novel direction for investigating the pathophysiology of preeclampsia. ..