Mujeeb U Shad
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Novel combination strategy to optimize treatment for PTSDMujeeb U Shad
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 2201 Inwood Road, NE5 110G, Dallas, TX, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:4-11. 2011....
- Prefrontal subregions and dimensions of insight in first-episode schizophrenia--a pilot studyMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Psychiatry Res 146:35-42. 2006..DLPFC deficits may have resulted in illness unawareness by interfering with self-monitoring, while OFC abnormalities may have mediated symptom misattribution by conferring aberrant salience to perceived symptomatology...
- Insight and frontal cortical function in schizophrenia: a reviewMujeeb U Shad
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX, USA
Schizophr Res 86:54-70. 2006..This review will discuss the implications of these findings and directions for future research...
- Neurobiological underpinnings of insight deficits in schizophreniaMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6363 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 19:437-46. 2007..Using published and preliminary data, we propose a hypothetical model of insight that may help initiate neurobiological investigations in this complex area...
- Insight and prefrontal cortex in first-episode SchizophreniaMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neuroimage 22:1315-20. 2004....
- Gray matter differences between healthy and depressed adolescents: a voxel-based morphometry studyMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77054, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 22:190-7. 2012..However, little is known about the neurobiology of adolescent depression. A better understanding of the neurobiology will be helpful in developing more effective preventive and treatment interventions for this highly disabling illness...
- Attenuation of amygdala atrophy with lamotrigine in patients receiving corticosteroid therapyShuchi Desai
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:284-7. 2009..To our knowledge, no data are available on preventing or reversing the impact of corticosteroids on the amygdala...
- Brief report: Insight into illness and social attributional style in Asperger's syndromeNyaz Didehbani
Center for BrainHealth, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2200 W Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:2754-60. 2012..Results revealed that EB was negatively correlated with insight as assessed with the clinician-administered but not the self-administered measure of insight...
- Hippocampal changes associated with early-life adversity and vulnerability to depressionUma Rao
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9101, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:357-64. 2010..Hippocampal changes may mediate the relationship between early-life adversity and depressive illness in a subset of patients. However, there are no reports of longitudinal clinical studies that have examined this issue...
- Attenuation of the effects of corticosteroids on declarative memory with lamotrigineE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2376-83. 2008..Results suggest that lamotrigine may improve declarative memory in patients taking prescription corticosteroids although differential dropout rate in the two groups is a concern...