Mujeeb U Shad
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Insight and prefrontal cortex in first-episode SchizophreniaMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neuroimage 22:1315-20. 2004....
- Neurobiological underpinnings of insight deficits in schizophreniaMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6363 Forest Park Road, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 19:437-46. 2007..Using published and preliminary data, we propose a hypothetical model of insight that may help initiate neurobiological investigations in this complex area...
- Prefrontal subregions and dimensions of insight in first-episode schizophrenia--a pilot studyMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Psychiatry Res 146:35-42. 2006..DLPFC deficits may have resulted in illness unawareness by interfering with self-monitoring, while OFC abnormalities may have mediated symptom misattribution by conferring aberrant salience to perceived symptomatology...
- Gray matter differences between healthy and depressed adolescents: a voxel-based morphometry studyMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77054, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 22:190-7. 2012..However, little is known about the neurobiology of adolescent depression. A better understanding of the neurobiology will be helpful in developing more effective preventive and treatment interventions for this highly disabling illness...
- Attenuation of the effects of corticosteroids on declarative memory with lamotrigineE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8849, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2376-83. 2008..Results suggest that lamotrigine may improve declarative memory in patients taking prescription corticosteroids although differential dropout rate in the two groups is a concern...
- Hippocampal changes associated with early-life adversity and vulnerability to depressionUma Rao
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9101, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:357-64. 2010..Hippocampal changes may mediate the relationship between early-life adversity and depressive illness in a subset of patients. However, there are no reports of longitudinal clinical studies that have examined this issue...
- Insight and frontal cortical function in schizophrenia: a reviewMujeeb U Shad
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX, USA
Schizophr Res 86:54-70. 2006..This review will discuss the implications of these findings and directions for future research...