Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Lesional T cells and dermal dendrocytes in psoriasis plaque express increased levels of granulysinSiba P Raychaudhuri
Psoriasis Research Institute, Palo Alto and Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:1006-8. 2004..Increased levels of granulysin provide an explanation for relative immunity of psoriatic plaques against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacterial infections...
- Comorbidities of psoriatic arthritis -- metabolic syndrome and prevention: a report from the GRAPPA 2010 annual meetingSiba P Raychaudhuri
Veterans Affairs Sacramento Medical Center, University of California Davis, School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Davis, California, USA
J Rheumatol 39:437-40. 2012..The review summarizes a presentation at the 2010 annual meeting of GRAPPA (Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis)...
- Role of IL-17 in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritisSiba P Raychaudhuri
VA Sacramento Medical Centre, 10535, Hospital Way, Mather, CA 95655, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 44:183-93. 2013..In this review article, we have discussed the role of IL-17 in psoriatic disease and have narrated about the novel IL17/IL-17R antibodies currently in preparation for its therapeutic uses in autoimmune diseases...
- A cutting edge overview: psoriatic diseaseSiba P Raychaudhuri
Department of Medicine, VA Sacramento Medical Centre, 10535 Hospital Way, Mather, CA 95655, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 44:109-13. 2013..In this thematic review, we have attempted to provide summaries of not only basic science and clinical research, but also an overview of future research directions...
- Functional role of IL-22 in psoriatic arthritisAnupam Mitra
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Dermatology, Davis and VA Medical Center Sacramento, Mather, CA, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R65. 2012..Immunopathological role of IL-22 has been studied in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and psoriasis. Here we are reporting the functional role of IL-22 in the inflammatory and proliferative cascades of psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- A double blind, randomized, placebo controlled study of the efficacy and safety of 5-Loxin for treatment of osteoarthritis of the kneeKrishanu Sengupta
Cellular and Molecular Biology Division, Laila Impex R and D Center, Jawahar Autonagar, Vijayawada, India
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R85. 2008..A 90-day, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of 5-Loxin in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- IL-17 receptor and its functional significance in psoriatic arthritisSiba P Raychaudhuri
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California Davis School of Medicine and VA Medical Center Sacramento, 1911 Geneva Place, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 359:419-29. 2012..This is the first report to demonstrate the functional significance of IL-17RA in PsA. Results of this study support the hypothesis that IL-17RA blocking antibodies have the potential to be a therapeutic option for psoriatic arthritis...
- NGF and its receptor system: a new dimension in the pathogenesis of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritisSmriti K Raychaudhuri
VA Medical Center Sacramento and UC Davis School of Medicine, Department of Medicine Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Sacramento, CA 95655, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1173:470-7. 2009..In this chapter we will discuss the role of NGF and its receptor system in psoriatic disease, inflammatory arthritis, and arthritic pain of osteoarthritis...
- Incidence and nature of infectious disease in patients treated with anti-TNF agentsSiba P Raychaudhuri
VA Medical Center, Sacramento, USA
Autoimmun Rev 9:67-81. 2009..This review provides the incidence and nature of infections in patients treated with TNF-alpha inhibitor agents and reminds the clinician of the required vigilance in monitoring patients...
- The regulatory role of nerve growth factor and its receptor system in fibroblast-like synovial cellsS P Raychaudhuri
VA Medical Center Sacramento, Clinical Immunology Laboratory, Davis, CA, USA
Scand J Rheumatol 38:207-15. 2009..Here we have studied NGF/NGF-R and their functional significance on cultured fibroblast-like synovial cells (FLS) collected from the synovial tissue of five healthy subjects...
- Nerve growth factor: A key local regulator in the pathogenesis of inflammatory arthritisSiba P Raychaudhuri
University of California School of Medicine, Davis, VA Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:3243-52. 2011....
- Revisiting the Koebner phenomenon: role of NGF and its receptor system in the pathogenesis of psoriasisSiba P Raychaudhuri
Veterans Administration Medical Center and Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Clinical Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
Am J Pathol 172:961-71. 2008....
- FR255734, a humanized, Fc-Silent, Anti-CD28 antibody, improves psoriasis in the SCID mouse-psoriasis xenograft modelSiba P Raychaudhuri
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:1969-76. 2008..In vitro studies have shown that FR255734 effectively blocked T-cell proliferation and proinflammatory cytokine production. These observations warrant studies to evaluate the efficacy of FR255734 in human autoimmune diseases...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) induces WISP-2/CCN5 via multiple molecular cross-talks and is essential for mitogenic switch by IGF-1 axis in estrogen receptor-positive breast tumor cellsKakali Dhar
Cancer Research Unit, VA Medical Center, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
Cancer Res 67:1520-6. 2007..Collectively, these studies propose for the first time that WISP-2/CCN5 is an integral signaling molecule in mitogenic action of IGF-1 axis in ER-positive human breast tumor cells...
- VEGF-A165 induces human aortic smooth muscle cell migration by activating neuropilin-1-VEGFR1-PI3K axisSnigdha Banerjee
Stem Cell Research Laboratory, Cancer Research Unit, VA Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
Biochemistry 47:3345-51. 2008....
- Epidermal growth factor induces WISP-2/CCN5 expression in estrogen receptor-alpha-positive breast tumor cells through multiple molecular cross-talksSnigdha Banerjee
Cancer Research Unit, Research Division 151, VA Medical Center, 4801 Linwood Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:151-62. 2005..Finally, regulation of phosphorylation of ER-alpha and EGFR may play critical roles in EGF-induced transcriptional activation of WISP-2 gene in breast tumor cells...
- K252a, a high-affinity nerve growth factor receptor blocker, improves psoriasis: an in vivo study using the severe combined immunodeficient mouse-human skin modelSiba P Raychaudhuri
Psoriasis Research Institute, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 122:812-9. 2004..5+/-42.69 to 150.52+/-32.93 microm (p<0.05, Student's t test). This study provides evidence for the role of NGF and its high-affinity receptor in the pathogenesis of psoriasis and insights to develop novel therapeutic modalities...
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of anti-inflammatory effect of Aflapin: a novel Boswellia serrata extractKrishanu Sengupta
Cellular and Molecular Biology Division, Laila Impex R and D Center, Jawahar Autonagar, Vijayawada 520 007, India
Mol Cell Biochem 354:189-97. 2011....
- Breast cancer cells secreted platelet-derived growth factor-induced motility of vascular smooth muscle cells is mediated through neuropilin-1Snigdha Banerjee
Cancer Research Unit, VA Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:871-80. 2006..Moreover, we demonstrate that PDGF physically interacts with NRP-1. We propose that tumor-derived PDGF and NRP-1 of AOSMCs function as a relay system that promotes motility of vascular SMCs...
- Comparative efficacy and tolerability of 5-Loxin and AflapinAgainst osteoarthritis of the knee: a double blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical studyKrishanu Sengupta
Laila Impex R and D Center, Jawahar Autonagar, Vijayawada 520 007, India
Int J Med Sci 7:366-77. 2010..Aflapin exhibited better efficacy compared to 5-Loxin(®). In comparison with placebo, the safety parameters were almost unchanged in the treatment groups. Hence both 5-Loxin(®) and Aflapin(®) are safe for human consumption...
- Role of NGF and neurogenic inflammation in the pathogenesis of psoriasisSiba P Raychaudhuri
Psoriasis Research Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, 510 Ashton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
Prog Brain Res 146:433-7. 2004..Currently, we are evaluating antagonists to selected neuropeptides and NGF/receptors, with the expectation of identifying pharmacological agents to counter neurogenic inflammation in psoriasis...
- Increased prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in patients with psoriatic arthritisSmriti K Raychaudhuri
VA Medical Center, Mather, California, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:331-4. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in PsA...
- Thombospondin-1 disrupts estrogen-induced endothelial cell proliferation and migration and its expression is suppressed by estradiolKrishanu Sengupta
Cancer Research Unit, VA Medical Center, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:150-8. 2004..Together, these studies suggest that TSP-1 can be considered an important negative factor in understanding the increased angiogenesis in response to estrogens...
- SCEDOSPORIUM INFECTION IN A PATIENT WITH ANTI-TNFα THERAPYCaroline T Nguyen
Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center Sacramento and UC Davis School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Hospital Way, Mather, CA 95655, USA
Indian J Dermatol 56:82-3. 2011..Patients on anti-TNFα need close follow-up and clinicians should be suspicious for atypical infections in these immunocompromised hosts...
- Current controversies in spondyloarthritis: SPARTANMichael Weisman
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Rheumatol 37:2617-23. 2010..Presentations also were made on psoriasis in the SCID mouse model; the challenges and opportunities of SpA in China; a discussion of the special needs in managing SpA in Ibero-America, and the SPARK Survey in Europe and North America...
- Golimumab and certolizumab: the two new anti-tumor necrosis factor kids on the blockMohit Mittal
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, VA Medical Center Sacramento and UC Davis School of Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 105 35 Hospital Way, Mather, CA 95655, USA
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 76:602-8; quiz 609. 2010..Here, we are providing a brief description about these two drugs and their uses...
- Scid mouse model of psoriasis: a unique tool for drug development of autoreactive T-cell and th-17 cell-mediated autoimmune diseasesSmriti K Raychaudhuri
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California Davis, School of Medicine and VA Sacramento Medical Center, CA 95618, USA
Indian J Dermatol 55:157-60. 2010..Here we will share our experience of the SCID mouse model of psoriasis in respect to its use in investigating psoriatic diseases and development of immune-based drugs for psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases...
- Biologics: target-specific treatment of systemic and cutaneous autoimmune diseasesSiba P Raychaudhuri
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, VA Medical Center, Sacramento Graduate Group Immunology, University of California Davis, USA
Indian J Dermatol 54:100-9. 2009..Consensus needs be formed to further categorize the clinical profiles of the patients in whom biologics are to be used in the future, given that the long-term safety profiles of these agents are very much unknown at present...
- Clinical course of psoriasis during pregnancySiba P Raychaudhuri
Psoriasis Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
Int J Dermatol 42:518-20. 2003..In this study we investigated the clinical course of psoriasis during pregnancy...