Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Serotonin transporter and GABAA alpha 6 receptor variants are associated with neuroticismSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:244-9. 2004..A GABA(A) receptor alpha6 subunit variant (Pro385Ser) has been associated with alcohol-related traits but has not been studied in neuroticism or depression...
- Meta-analysis of the association between a serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) and anxiety-related personality traitsSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 127:85-9. 2004....
- A prospective cohort study investigating factors associated with depression during medical internshipSrijan Sen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:557-65. 2010....
- Association between a dopamine-4 receptor polymorphism and blood pressureSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Am J Hypertens 18:1206-10. 2005..The long allele (defined as at least one 7 to 10 repeat) has been associated with the personality trait Novelty Seeking and with substance abuse, but associations between dopamine-4 receptor polymorphisms and BP have not been reported...
- BDNF Val66Met allele is associated with reduced hippocampal volume in healthy subjectsJoshua A Bueller
Mental Health Research Institute, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:812-5. 2006....
- ADH1A variation predisposes to personality traits and substance dependenceLingjun Zuo
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:376-86. 2010..008 <or= P <or= 0.060). The present study demonstrates that the ADH1A variation may contribute to the genetic component of variation in personality traits and SD...
- The serotonin transporter promoter variant (5-HTTLPR), stress, and depression meta-analysis revisited: evidence of genetic moderationKatja Karg
Department of Human Genetics, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:444-54. 2011..However, even the larger of the meta-analyses included only 14 of the 56 studies that have assessed the relationship between 5-HTTLPR, stress, and depression...
- Major depression: emerging therapeuticsSrijan Sen
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 75:204-25. 2008..In this review, we discuss the biological basis and preclinical and clinical evidence for a series of promising classes of antidepressants developed primarily out of a pathophysiologically informed approach...
- A BDNF coding variant is associated with the NEO personality inventory domain neuroticism, a risk factor for depressionSrijan Sen
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:397-401. 2003
- Hardy-Weinberg analysis of a large set of published association studies reveals genotyping error and a deficit of heterozygotes across multiple lociSrijan Sen
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Hum Genomics 3:36-52. 2008..For SNPs, HWD tends to be due to a deficit of heterozygotes, indicating that allelic dropout may be the most prevalent genotyping error...
- Serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor, depression, and antidepressant medications: meta-analyses and implicationsSrijan Sen
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:527-32. 2008..Converging lines of evidence implicate the neurotrophin brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the pathophysiology of major depression. Recent studies have begun to explore the relationship between serum BDNF and depression...
- Neurotransmitter Genes in Personality Trait VariationSrijan Sen; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will assess whether there is an association between each genotype and the relevant personality trait. Through these studies, we hope to learn more about the role of these genes in personality trait variation. ..