Jackson P Sekhobo
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Evidence of the adoption and implementation of a statewide childhood obesity prevention initiative in the New York State WIC Program: the NY Fit WIC process evaluationJackson P Sekhobo
Evaluation nalysis Unit, Bureau of Administration and Evaluation, Division of Nutrition, NY State Department of Health, 150 Broadway, Riverview Center, Suite 517, Menands, NY 12204, USA
Health Educ Res 27:281-91. 2012..These results suggest that an outcome evaluation is warranted to determine whether meaningful behavioral changes occurred among WIC participants and staff...
- Trends in prevalence of obesity and overweight among children enrolled in the New York State WIC program, 2002-2007Jackson P Sekhobo
Evaluation and Analysis Unit, Bureau of Administration and Evaluation, Division of Nutrition, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12204, USA
Public Health Rep 125:218-24. 2010..We examined recent overweight and obesity trends in a multiethnic population of low-income preschool children...
- Association of prenatal participation in a public health nutrition program with healthy infant weight gainLynn S Edmunds
Lynn S Edmunds and Jackson P Sekhobo are with the Evaluation, Research, and Surveillance Unit, Division of Nutrition, New York State Department of Health, Albany Barbara A Dennison and Howard H Stratton are with the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany Barbara A Dennison is also with the Policy and Research Translation Unit, Division of Chronic Disease Prevention, New York State Department of Health, Albany Mary Ann Chiasson is with Public Health Solutions, New York, NY Kirsten K Davison is with the Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
Am J Public Health 104:S35-42. 2014..Improved birth weight for gestational age may be the mechanism through which early prenatal WIC enrollment protects against RIWG. ..
- Diabetes prevalence among Puerto Rican adults in New York City, NY, 2000Thomas A Melnik
Bureau of Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Surveillance, New York State Department of Health, Albany, USA
Am J Public Health 94:434-7. 2004..This study showed the ability to obtain critically needed diabetes information from ethnic minorities at the local level...
- Feasibility of increasing childhood outdoor play and decreasing television viewing through a family-based intervention in WIC, New York State, 2007-2008KIRSTEN K DAVISON
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A54. 2011..Our objective was to assess its feasibility and efficacy...