S D Seifer
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Health professional faculty perspectives on community-based research: implications for policy and practiceSarena D Seifer
Community Campus Partnerships for Health, Department of Health Services, University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, 98195 4809, USA
J Interprof Care 18:416-27. 2004....
- Service-learning: community-campus partnerships for health professions educationS D Seifer
Department of Medical Education, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Acad Med 73:273-7. 1998..The article concludes with brief descriptions of recommended resources for integrating service-learning into the medical school curriculum...
- Engaging colleges and universities as partners in Healthy Communities initiativesS D Seifer
University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle 98195 4809, USA
Public Health Rep 115:234-7. 2000..Whether the leadership for such a partnership starts with the community or the campus is not particularly important as long as the collaboration moves forward in a way that honors and values the strengths and assets of each...
- Building and sustaining community-institutional partnerships for prevention research: findings from a national collaborativeSarena D Seifer
J Urban Health 83:989-1003. 2006..This paper reports on the project's findings, including common characteristics of successful partnerships and recommendations for strengthening emerging and established partnerships...
- Applying community-based participatory research principles and approaches in clinical trials: forging a new model for cancer clinical researchSarena D Seifer
Community Campus Partnerships for Health, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:37-46. 2010....
- Mining the challenges of CBPR for improvements in urban healthSarena D Seifer
J Urban Health 83:981-4. 2006
- Forces affecting community involvement of AHCs: perspectives of institutional and faculty leadersDiane Coucoulas Calleson
Office of Educational Development and the Department of Family Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical School, NC 27599 2027, USA
Acad Med 77:72-81. 2002....
- Institutional collaboration and competition in community-based educationDiane Coucoulas Calleson
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, CB 7595, Public Health Leadership Program School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7595, USA
J Interprof Care 18:63-74. 2004..We recommend AHCs form joint committees across schools to effectively address community-based sites as a limited resource, and to consider a wider range of community-based organizations as training partners...
- Clinical prevention and population health: curriculum framework for health professionsJanet Allan
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Am J Prev Med 27:471-6. 2004..The Task Force recommends that each profession systematically determine whether appropriate items in the Curriculum Framework are included in its standardized examinations for licensure and certification and for program accreditation...