Affiliation: University of Washington
- Tethered capsule endoscopy, a low-cost and high-performance alternative technology for the screening of esophageal cancer and Barrett's esophagusEric J Seibel
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Human Photonics Lab, Box 352600, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:1032-42. 2008....
- New endoscopic and cytologic tools for cancer surveillance in the digestive tractEric J Seibel
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 19:299-307. 2009..Advanced three-dimensional cell visualization techniques are described for increasing the sensitivity of early cancer diagnosis from hematoxylin-stained cells sampled from the pancreatic and biliary ducts...
- Scanning single fiber endoscopy: a new platform technology for integrated laser imaging, diagnosis, and future therapiesEric J Seibel
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 18:467-78, viii. 2008..The resulting images are high-quality color video that is expected to produce future endoscopes that are thinner, longer, more flexible, and able to directly integrate the many recent advances of laser diagnostics and therapies...
- Virtual reality pain control during burn wound debridement in the hydrotankHunter G Hoffman
Human Interface Technology Laboratory, Departments of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin J Pain 24:299-304. 2008..We explored the adjunctive use of water-friendly, immersive virtual reality (VR) to distract patients from their pain during burn wound debridement in the hydrotherapy tank (hydrotank)...
- Resolution improvement in optical projection tomography by the focal scanning methodQin Miao
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, 1705 Northeast Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Opt Lett 35:3363-5. 2010..quot; Images reconstructed from these pseudoprojections have isometric resolution, which can be the same as the lateral resolution of the high-NA objective. The focal scanning method produces an over 10× improvement in OPT resolution...
- Dual-mode optical projection tomography microscope using gold nanorods and hematoxylin-stained cancer cellsQin Miao
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, NE Pacific St, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Opt Lett 35:1037-9. 2010..Absorption images can provide morphologic information, and polarization images can provide molecular information. The combination of molecular detection and 3D cytological cell analysis may help with early cancer diagnosis...
- Dual-modal three-dimensional imaging of single cells with isometric high resolution using an optical projection tomography microscopeQin Miao
University of Washington, Department of Bioengineering, 204 Fluke Hall, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biomed Opt 14:064035. 2009..Since fluorescence and absorption images are taken in two different rotations, mechanical error may cause misalignment of 3-D images. This mechanical error is estimated to be within the resolution of the system...
- In vivo validation of a hybrid tracking system for navigation of an ultrathin bronchoscope within peripheral airwaysTimothy D Soper
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 57:736-45. 2010..74 mm using the hybrid approach. Hybrid tracking of the scope orientation and respiratory motion compensation further improved tracking accuracy and stability, resulting in an average tracking error of 3.33 mm and 10.01 degrees...
- Virtual reality as an adjunctive non-pharmacologic analgesic for acute burn pain during medical proceduresHunter G Hoffman
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Ann Behav Med 41:183-91. 2011..Excessive pain during medical procedures is a widespread problem but is especially problematic during daily wound care of patients with severe burn injuries...
- Using FMRI to study the neural correlates of virtual reality analgesiaHunter G Hoffman
Virtual Reality Analgesia Research Center, Department of Radiology and Psychology, University of Washington Human Interface Technology Laboratory, Seattle, WA, USA
CNS Spectr 11:45-51. 2006..Together the clinical and laboratory studies provide converging evidence that VR distraction is a promising new non-pharmacologic pain control technique...
- A magnet-friendly virtual reality fiberoptic image delivery systemHunter G Hoffman
Human Interface Technology Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Cyberpsychol Behav 6:645-8. 2003..vrpain.com)...
- True three-dimensional displays that allow viewers to dynamically shift accommodation, bringing objects displayed at different viewing distances into and out of focusBrian T Schowengerdt
Human Interface Technology Lab, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 2142, USA
Cyberpsychol Behav 7:610-20. 2004..As the mismatch between accommodation and vergence is decreased, natural viewing conditions are better simulated and eye fatigue should decrease...
- Virtual reality helmet display quality influences the magnitude of virtual reality analgesiaHunter G Hoffman
Human Interface Technology Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Pain 7:843-50. 2006..Adjunctive virtual reality distraction can substantially reduce procedural pain. The results of the present study show that a higher quality VR helmet was more effective at reducing pain than a lower quality VR helmet...
- Virtual vision loss simulatorFeras M Toufaili
University of Washington, Human Interface Technology Laboratory Seattle, Washington 98195-2142, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 98:388-90. 2004..This article presents our Virtual Vision Loss (VVL) simulator and the developed simulation techniques based on calibration from 27 subjects...
- Unique features of optical scanning, single fiber endoscopyEric J Seibel
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Human Interface Technology Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Lasers Surg Med 30:177-83. 2002..CONCLUSION: This fiber scanning scope has the potential for pixel-accurate delivery of high quality laser radiation, allowing the future integration of imaging with diagnosis and therapy...
- Accommodation during static retinal imaging with a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopeJohn P Kelly
Division of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1205-11. 2007..This study measured the dynamic accommodative response of young adult eyes while acquiring static retinal images with a cSLO without cycloplegia and also examined whether a scanned fixation target improves stability of accommodation...
- Ultra-compact fiber-optic two-photon microscope for functional fluorescence imaging in vivoChristoph J Engelbrecht
Dept of Neurophysiology, Brain Research Institute, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Opt Express 16:5556-64. 2008..The microscope will be easily portable by a rat or mouse and thus should enable functional imaging in freely behaving animals...
- Use of virtual reality distraction to reduce claustrophobia symptoms during a mock magnetic resonance imaging brain scan: a case reportAzucena Garcia Palacios
Departmento Psicologia Basica Clinica y Psicobiologia, Universitat Jaume I, Castellon, Spain
Cyberpsychol Behav 10:485-8. 2007..These results suggest that immersive VR may prove effective at temporarily reducing claustrophobia symptoms during MRI scans and music may prove less effective...
- Workshop on imaging science development for cancer prevention and preemptionGary J Kelloff
NIH NCI DCTD, Cancer Imaging Program, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Biomark 3:1-33. 2007..Imaging devices, alone or in combination with anticancer drugs, may also provide novel interventions to treat or prevent precancer...
- CatheterScope for Intraluminal Image of Early.NeoplasiaEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pixel-accurate oncologic therapy using a scanning fiber endoscopeEric J Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Image-guided catheter biopsy of peripheral lung cancerEric Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..