Genomes and Genes
Mary E Sehl
Affiliation: University of California
- Decline in physical functioning in first 2 years after breast cancer diagnosis predicts 10-year survival in older womenMary Sehl
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:20-31. 2013..Although most patients recover after treatment, some patients do not. These changes may be magnified in older women with comorbid conditions and could impact survival outcomes...
- Attribution of functional limitation to cancer decreases in the year following breast cancer diagnosis in older patientsMary E Sehl
Divisions of Geriatrics and Hematology Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 71:62-9. 2009....
- Associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms in double-stranded DNA repair pathway genes and familial breast cancerMary E Sehl
Divisions of Hematology and Oncology and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2192-203. 2009..DNA damage recognition and repair play a major role in risk for breast cancer. We investigated 104 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in 17 genes whose protein products are involved in double-stranded break repair (DSBR)...
- Differential destruction of stem cells: implications for targeted cancer stem cell therapyMary E Sehl
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 7059, USA
Cancer Res 69:9481-9. 2009..We anticipate that in conjunction with experimental observation of cancer stem cell killing rates, our results will be useful in screening targeted therapies for both hematologic and solid tumor malignancies...
- Extinction models for cancer stem cell therapyMary Sehl
Department of Biomathematics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Math Biosci 234:132-46. 2011..The current cancer models demonstrate the virtue of attacking the same quantitative questions from a variety of modeling, mathematical, and computational perspectives...
- Determining duration of HER2-targeted therapy using stem cell extinction modelsLindsay Riley
Department of Biomathematics, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46613. 2012..In order to guide clinical trials examining HER2-targeted therapy in the adjuvant setting, we propose a mathematical model to examine BCSC population dynamics and predict optimal duration of therapy...
- Association screening of common and rare genetic variants by penalized regressionHua Zhou
Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 8203, USA
Bioinformatics 26:2375-82. 2010..This article extends our recent research on penalized estimation methods in genome-wide association studies to the realm of rare variants...
- Sex steroid metabolism polymorphisms and mammographic density in pre- and early perimenopausal womenCarolyn J Crandall
Department of Internal Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA Medicine GIM, 911 Broxton Ave, 1st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R51. 2009....