LISA S SEGRE
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Screening and counseling for postpartum depression by nurses: the women's viewsLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 35:280-5. 2010....
- Perinatal depression screening in healthy start: an evaluation of the acceptability of technical assistance consultationLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Nursing Building, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:407-11. 2013..The current evaluation indicates that diverse types of programs held positive views of TA consultation and believed it was effective. The success of the method argues for further development. ..
- Depression screening of perinatal women by the Des Moines Healthy Start Project: program description and evaluationLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Nursing Building, 50 Newton Rd, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:250-5. 2012..The study represents the first longitudinal assessment of the Healthy Start maternal-depression screening initiative...
- Implementation of an evidence-based depression treatment into social service settings: the relative importance of acceptability and contextual factorsLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa, IA, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 39:180-6. 2012..These results underscore the importance of organizational context in the implementation of empirically supported treatments...
- The prevalence of postpartum depression: the relative significance of three social status indicesLISA S SEGRE
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:316-21. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to examine the prevalence of postpartum depression as a function of three indices of social status: income, education and occupational prestige...
- Listening visits: an evaluation of the effectiveness and acceptability of a home-based depression treatmentLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Psychother Res 20:712-21. 2010..The LV intervention shows considerable promise as an effective and acceptable depression treatment...
- Disseminating perinatal depression screening as a public health initiative: a train-the-trainer approachLISA S SEGRE
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:814-21. 2011..5% of TTT agencies were comparable to those in Healthy Start. Our "enhanced" train-the-trainer method is a promising approach for broadly implementing depression-screening programs in agencies serving pregnant and postpartum women...
- Nursing care for postpartum depression, part 1: do nurses think they should offer both screening and counseling?LISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 35:220-5. 2010..To assess nurses' views of a nursing model in which nurses screen and also treat new mothers who exhibit symptoms of depression...
- Depression and anxiety symptoms in mothers of newborns hospitalized on the neonatal intensive care unitLISA S SEGRE
Lisa S Segre, PhD, is Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Iowa Jennifer E McCabe, BA, is Doctoral Candidate, Department of Psychology, University of Iowa Rebecca Chuffo Siewert, ARNP, DNP, NNP BC, is Clinical Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, University of Iowa Children s Hospital Michael W O Hara, PhD, is Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Iowa
Nurs Res 63:320-32. 2014..Previous studies have conceptualized depression and anxiety symptoms separately, ignoring their comorbidity. Moreover, risk factors for these symptoms have not been assessed together in one study sample...
- Depression treatment for impoverished mothers by point-of-care providers: A randomized controlled trialLISA S SEGRE
College of Nursing, University of Iowa
J Consult Clin Psychol 83:314-24. 2015..This randomized controlled trial (RCT) evaluated the effectiveness of LV delivered at a woman's usual point-of-care, including home visits or an ob-gyn office...
- Depression screening on a maternity unit: a mixed-methods evaluation of nurses' views and implementation strategiesLISA S SEGRE
University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 35:444-54. 2014..The clinical strategies used to implement screening are extensively described and provide a basis for implementation in other settings that serve perinatal women. ..