Genomes and Genes
Mark E Scott
Affiliation: University of California
- Covariates of cervical cytokine mRNA expression by real-time PCR in adolescents and young women: effects of Chlamydia trachomatis infection, hormonal contraception, and smokingMark E Scott
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1374, USA
J Clin Immunol 26:222-32. 2006..Time since last menstrual period did not affect any of the cytokines; in a substudy of weekly cytokine variability, however, IL-10 showed a non-significant trend toward higher levels around the time of menstruation...
- Interlaboratory reproducibility of female genital tract cytokine measurements by Luminex: implications for microbicide safety studiesMark E Scott
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cytokine 56:430-4. 2011....
- Measurement of mucosal biomarkers in a phase 1 trial of intravaginal 3% StarPharma LTD 7013 gel (VivaGel) to assess expanded safetyAnna Barbara Moscicki
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:134-40. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of the 3% StarPharma LTD 7013 gel (VivaGel) on mucosal immune markers hypothesized to be associated with HIV-1 acquisition...
- Determination of cytokine protein levels in cervical mucus samples from young women by a multiplex immunoassay method and assessment of correlatesJay A Lieberman
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:49-54. 2008..Cigarette smoking appears to downregulate cytokine responses in the cervical mucosa, which may help explain the implicated role of tobacco use as a cofactor for cervical cancer development...
- Association between toll-like receptor expression and human papillomavirus type 16 persistenceIbrahim I Daud
Infectious Disease Research Training Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Int J Cancer 128:879-86. 2011....
- Diminished IFN-gamma and IL-10 and elevated Foxp3 mRNA expression in the cervix are associated with CIN 2 or 3Mark E Scott
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1374, USA
Int J Cancer 124:1379-83. 2009..05). These findings support a model in which diminished cellular immunity in the cervical mucosa and mucosal enrichment of Treg cells both contribute to the development of high-grade lesions...
- Increased levels of immune activation in the genital tract of healthy young women from sub-Saharan AfricaCraig R Cohen
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California 94117, USA
AIDS 24:2069-74. 2010..To determine whether healthy, young women in sub-Saharan Africa have a more activated immune milieu in the genital tract (i.e. activated CD4 T cells) than a similar population in the United States...
- Higher levels of cervicovaginal inflammatory and regulatory cytokines and chemokines in healthy young women with immature cervical epitheliumLoris Y Hwang
University of California San Francisco, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent Medicine, 3333 California Street, Suite 245, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
J Reprod Immunol 88:66-71. 2011..Cytokine profiles in the healthy state may foreshadow differential responses to pathogens. Cervical epithelial type should be measured in clinical studies involving cervicovaginal immune markers...