Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Development of SOVAT: a numerical-spatial decision support system for community health assessment researchMatthew Scotch
Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Int J Med Inform 75:771-84. 2006..Community health assessment (CHA) professionals who use information technology need a complete system that is capable of supporting the development of numerical-spatial routines...
- Evaluation of SOVAT: an OLAP-GIS decision support system for community health assessment data analysisMatthew Scotch
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 8:22. 2008..To evaluate the potential of an OLAP-GIS decision support system for CHA problem solving, we compared OLAP-GIS to the standard information technology (IT) currently used by many public health professionals...
- Spatial and multidimensional visualization of Indonesia's village health statisticsBambang Parmanto
Health Information Management, University of Pittsburgh, 6051 Forbes Tower, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Geogr 7:30. 2008..The objective of this paper is to demonstrate the potential of SOVAT for facilitating CHA among developing countries by using health, population, healthcare resources, and spatial data from Indonesia for use in two CHA cases studies...
- Exploring the role of GIS during community health assessment problem solving: experiences of public health professionalsMatthew Scotch
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Meyran Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:39. 2006..This level of understanding will highlight the role of GIS utilization during problem solving and suggest to developers how GIS can be enhanced to better support data analysis during community health assessment...
- Web GIS in practice VI: a demo playlist of geo-mashups for public health neogeographersMaged N Kamel Boulos
Faculty of Health and Social Work, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon PL48AA, UK
Int J Health Geogr 7:38. 2008..The paper also discusses how today's Web is rapidly evolving into a much more intensely immersive, mixed-reality and ubiquitous socio-experiential Metaverse that is heavily interconnected through various kinds of user-created mashups...