Maria J Schymura
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Factors associated with initial treatment and survival for clinically localized prostate cancer: results from the CDC-NPCR Patterns of Care Study (PoC1)Maria J Schymura
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, 150 Broadway, Suite 361, Menands, NY 12204 2719, USA
BMC Cancer 10:152. 2010....
- Solar ultraviolet-B exposure and cancer incidence and mortality in the United States, 1993-2002Francis P Boscoe
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY 12144, USA
BMC Cancer 6:264. 2006..Vitamin D, acquired primarily through exposure to the sun via the skin, is believed to inhibit tumor development and growth and reduce mortality for certain cancers...
- Maternal and infant birth characteristics and hepatoblastomaColleen C McLaughlin
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Corning Tower Room 536, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237 0679, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:818-28. 2006..5), presumptive use of infertility treatment (RR = 9.2, 95% CI: 2.1, 31.5), maternal smoking (RR = 2.1, 95% CI: 1.0, 4.2), and higher maternal prepregnancy body mass index (body mass index of 25-29 vs. 20-24: RR = 2.9, 95% CI: 1.2, 7.6)...
- Perinatal risk factors for neuroblastomaColleen C McLaughlin
New York State Department of Health, New York State Cancer Registry, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:289-301. 2009..In the oldest age group, first born status, primary cesarean delivery, prolonged labor and premature rupture of the membranes were associated with increased risk...
- Building capacity to assess cancer care in the Medicaid population in New York StateFrancis P Boscoe
New York State Cancer Registry, 150 Broadway, Menands, NY 12204, USA
Health Serv Res 46:805-20. 2011..To link data from a central cancer registry with Medicaid enrollment and claims files in order to assess cancer care in an economically disadvantaged population...
- Heuristic algorithms for assigning Hispanic ethnicityFrancis P Boscoe
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e55689. 2013..An advantage of the fast and frugal method is that it consists of a small number of easily remembered steps...
- Thyroid cancer incidence in highly observant Jewish neighborhoods in metropolitan New York CityLaura E Soloway
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York, USA
Thyroid 21:1255-61. 2011..Here we explore the extent to which living in neighborhoods with a high percentage of highly observant Jews may be associated with this pattern...