Maria J Schymura
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Factors associated with initial treatment and survival for clinically localized prostate cancer: results from the CDC-NPCR Patterns of Care Study (PoC1)Maria J Schymura
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, 150 Broadway, Suite 361, Menands, NY 12204 2719, USA
BMC Cancer 10:152. 2010....
- Solar ultraviolet-B exposure and cancer incidence and mortality in the United States, 1993-2002Francis P Boscoe
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY 12144, USA
BMC Cancer 6:264. 2006..Vitamin D, acquired primarily through exposure to the sun via the skin, is believed to inhibit tumor development and growth and reduce mortality for certain cancers...
- Maternal and infant birth characteristics and hepatoblastomaColleen C McLaughlin
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Corning Tower Room 536, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237 0679, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:818-28. 2006..5), presumptive use of infertility treatment (RR = 9.2, 95% CI: 2.1, 31.5), maternal smoking (RR = 2.1, 95% CI: 1.0, 4.2), and higher maternal prepregnancy body mass index (body mass index of 25-29 vs. 20-24: RR = 2.9, 95% CI: 1.2, 7.6)...
- Perinatal risk factors for neuroblastomaColleen C McLaughlin
New York State Department of Health, New York State Cancer Registry, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:289-301. 2009..In the oldest age group, first born status, primary cesarean delivery, prolonged labor and premature rupture of the membranes were associated with increased risk...
- Building capacity to assess cancer care in the Medicaid population in New York StateFrancis P Boscoe
New York State Cancer Registry, 150 Broadway, Menands, NY 12204, USA
Health Serv Res 46:805-20. 2011..To link data from a central cancer registry with Medicaid enrollment and claims files in order to assess cancer care in an economically disadvantaged population...
- Heuristic algorithms for assigning Hispanic ethnicityFrancis P Boscoe
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e55689. 2013..An advantage of the fast and frugal method is that it consists of a small number of easily remembered steps...
- Measuring colorectal cancer care quality for the publicly insured in New York StateAmber H Sinclair
New York State Department of Health, Cancer Registry, Albany, NY, USA
Cancer Med 1:363-71. 2012..Racial differences were not evident in either cohort. There is room for improvement in concordance with accepted metrics of cancer care quality. Feedback about performance may assist in targeting efforts to improve care...
- Thyroid cancer incidence in highly observant Jewish neighborhoods in metropolitan New York CityLaura E Soloway
New York State Cancer Registry, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York, USA
Thyroid 21:1255-61. 2011..Here we explore the extent to which living in neighborhoods with a high percentage of highly observant Jews may be associated with this pattern...