Rebecca E Schweppe
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Thyroid cancer cell lines: Critical models to study thyroid cancer biology and new therapeutic targetsRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:81. 2012..In summary, the use of validated thyroid cancer cell lines that closely recapitulate disease is critical for the discovery of new drug targets and ultimately new therapies...
- Deoxyribonucleic acid profiling analysis of 40 human thyroid cancer cell lines reveals cross-contamination resulting in cell line redundancy and misidentificationRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4331-41. 2008..Cell lines derived from human cancers provide critical tools to study disease mechanisms and develop novel therapies. Recent reports indicate that up to 36% of cell lines are cross- contaminated...
- Inhibition of Src with AZD0530 reveals the Src-Focal Adhesion kinase complex as a novel therapeutic target in papillary and anaplastic thyroid cancerRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2199-203. 2009..The role of the Src-FAK complex has not been characterized in papillary and anaplastic thyroid cancer (PTC and ATC)...
- Distinct genetic alterations in the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway dictate sensitivity of thyroid cancer cells to mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitionRebecca E Schweppe
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, 80045, USA
Thyroid 19:825-35. 2009....
- Targeted inhibition of Src kinase with dasatinib blocks thyroid cancer growth and metastasisChristine M Chan
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:3580-91. 2012..We recently showed that Src is overexpressed and activated in thyroid cancer. We therefore tested whether inhibition of Src with dasatinib (BMS-354825) blocks thyroid cancer growth and metastasis...
- Inhibition of nuclear factor-kappa B differentially affects thyroid cancer cell growth, apoptosis, and invasionKevin T Bauerle
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado, Research Complex I, South Tower, Mail Stop 8106, 12801 East 17th Avenue, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer 9:117. 2010..In this study, we have investigated the role of NF-kappaB signaling in thyroid cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and apoptosis using selective genetic inhibition of NF-kappaB in advanced thyroid cancer cell lines...
- PPARγ Promotes Growth and Invasion of Thyroid Cancer CellsWilliam M Wood
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
PPAR Res 2011:171765. 2011..These data suggest that PPARγ may play a detrimental role in thyroid cancer and that targeting it therapeutically may lead to improved treatment of advanced thyroid cancer...
- mTOR Inhibition Promotes TTF1-Dependent Redifferentiation and Restores Iodine Uptake in Thyroid Carcinoma Cell LinesTheo S Plantinga
Departments of Internal Medicine T S P, B H, M G N, L A B J, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M and Nuclear Medicine D G, W J G O, O C B and Division of Endocrinology T S P, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M, Radboud University Medical Center, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism R E S, B R H, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1368-75. 2014..Conclusion: The present study has identified the TTF1-dependent molecular mechanisms through which the inhibition of mTOR leads to the redifferentiation of TC cells and subsequently to increased radioactive iodine uptake. ..