Rebecca E Schweppe
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Thyroid cancer cell lines: Critical models to study thyroid cancer biology and new therapeutic targetsRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:81. 2012..In summary, the use of validated thyroid cancer cell lines that closely recapitulate disease is critical for the discovery of new drug targets and ultimately new therapies...
- Deoxyribonucleic acid profiling analysis of 40 human thyroid cancer cell lines reveals cross-contamination resulting in cell line redundancy and misidentificationRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4331-41. 2008..Cell lines derived from human cancers provide critical tools to study disease mechanisms and develop novel therapies. Recent reports indicate that up to 36% of cell lines are cross- contaminated...
- Inhibition of Src with AZD0530 reveals the Src-Focal Adhesion kinase complex as a novel therapeutic target in papillary and anaplastic thyroid cancerRebecca E Schweppe
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2199-203. 2009..The role of the Src-FAK complex has not been characterized in papillary and anaplastic thyroid cancer (PTC and ATC)...
- Distinct genetic alterations in the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway dictate sensitivity of thyroid cancer cells to mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibitionRebecca E Schweppe
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, 80045, USA
Thyroid 19:825-35. 2009....
- Targeted inhibition of Src kinase with dasatinib blocks thyroid cancer growth and metastasisChristine M Chan
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:3580-91. 2012..We recently showed that Src is overexpressed and activated in thyroid cancer. We therefore tested whether inhibition of Src with dasatinib (BMS-354825) blocks thyroid cancer growth and metastasis...
- Characterization of thyroid cancer cell lines in murine orthotopic and intracardiac metastasis modelsJennifer A Morrison
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 12801 E 17th Ave, MS 8106, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
Horm Cancer 6:87-99. 2015..These data will be beneficial to inform the choice of cell line and model system for the design of future thyroid cancer studies...
- Inhibition of nuclear factor-kappa B differentially affects thyroid cancer cell growth, apoptosis, and invasionKevin T Bauerle
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado, Research Complex I, South Tower, Mail Stop 8106, 12801 East 17th Avenue, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer 9:117. 2010..In this study, we have investigated the role of NF-kappaB signaling in thyroid cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and apoptosis using selective genetic inhibition of NF-kappaB in advanced thyroid cancer cell lines...
- Nuclear factor κB-dependent regulation of angiogenesis, and metastasis in an in vivo model of thyroid cancer is associated with secreted interleukin-8Kevin T Bauerle
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes K T B, R E S, G L, n p, W M W, B R H, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045 University of Colorado Cancer Center R E S, G D, R A, W M W, B R H, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045 CCF Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute G K, Cleveland, Ohio 44120 and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences G K, R A, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1436-44. 2014..Development of novel strategies in the treatment of advanced thyroid cancer are needed. Our laboratory has previously identified a role for nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) signaling in human thyroid cancer cell growth, survival, and invasion...
- PPARγ Promotes Growth and Invasion of Thyroid Cancer CellsWilliam M Wood
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
PPAR Res 2011:171765. 2011..These data suggest that PPARγ may play a detrimental role in thyroid cancer and that targeting it therapeutically may lead to improved treatment of advanced thyroid cancer...
- Development and characterization of six new human papillary thyroid carcinoma cell linesYing C Henderson
Departments of Head and Neck Surgery Y C H, Y C, S Y L, G L C, Pathology M D W, A K E N, Veterinary Medicine and Surgery M G, Molecular and Cellular Oncology S Y L, and Cancer Biology G L C, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery S H A, College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Kyunggi Do, 463 707 Korea Center for Thyroid Cancer J R, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, 410 769 Korea Department of Endocrinology R E S, B R H, University of Colorado at Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:E243-52. 2015..Cell lines are a widely used tool in cancer research. However, despite the relatively high incidence of papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC), there are only four PTC cell lines available for international research audience...
- mTOR Inhibition promotes TTF1-dependent redifferentiation and restores iodine uptake in thyroid carcinoma cell linesTheo S Plantinga
Departments of Internal Medicine T S P, B H, M G N, L A B J, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M and Nuclear Medicine D G, W J G O, O C B and Division of Endocrinology T S P, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M, Radboud University Medical Center, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism R E S, B R H, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1368-75. 2014..Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) is a key regulator of cell fate affecting survival and differentiation, with autophagy and inflammation as prominent downstream pathways...