Sarah Jane Schwarzenberg
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Obesity and inflammation in childrenSarah Jane Schwarzenberg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 7:239-46. 2006..The study of inflammation in the context of excessive adipose tissue is central to understanding obesity and modifying its impact on patients...
- Circulating oxidized LDL and inflammation in extreme pediatric obesityAnne L Norris
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1415-9. 2011....
- Hyperleptinemia and hypoadiponectinemia in extreme pediatric obesityAaron S Kelly
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 10:123-7. 2012..Therefore, levels were compared in youth that were extremely obese (EO) to normal weight (NW), overweight (OW), and obese (OB) youth...
- Role of serology and routine laboratory tests in childhood inflammatory bowel diseaseKhalid Khan
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 8:325-9. 2002..We examined whether there was an additional benefit of serology in addition to specific symptoms and routine laboratory tests in screening for IBD...
- Metabolic effects of infection and postnatal steroidsSarah Jane Schwarzenberg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, MMC 185, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Clin Perinatol 29:295-312. 2002..The result is a protein/energy deficit and concomitant delay in growth and development. Innovative feeding strategies and novel therapies are needed to reduce the impact of catabolism in this population...
- Urinary incontinence in obese adolescent girlsBetsy Schwartz
Park Nicollet Clinic, 3800 Park Nicollet Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416, USA
J Pediatr Urol 5:445-50. 2009..Urinary incontinence is an established complication of obesity in adult women. We examined the prevalence, severity, and impact of incontinence in obese compared to non-obese girls...
- Biliary stricture in living-related donor liver transplantation: management with balloon dilationSarah Jane Schwarzenberg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatr Transplant 6:132-5. 2002..We suggest a high index of suspicion of biliary stricture in the LRD LTx population. Biliary dilation reduces the risk of life-threatening sepsis...
- Circulating activated endothelial cells in pediatric obesityAaron S Kelly
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pediatr 157:547-51. 2010..We characterized the state of the vascular endothelium in pediatric obesity by comparing circulating endothelial cell (CEC) number and activation phenotype in severely obese children to that of normal weight, overweight, and obese children...
- Abnormal lipid concentrations in cystic fibrosisVeronica Figueroa
Divisions of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 75:1005-11. 2002..Whether it is associated with a risk of cardiovascular disease in this population is uncertain, but the clinical significance of triacylglycerol elevation may become important as survival improves...
- Obesity in children: epidemic and opportunitySarah Jane Schwarzenberg
University of Minnesota Children's Hospital, USA
Minn Med 88:62-6. 2005....