Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Targeting the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes: rationale for combination therapy with pioglitazone and exenatideStanley Schwartz
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:3009-22. 2008....
- Can atorvastatin improve the response to sildenafil in men with erectile dysfunction not initially responsive to sildenafil? Hypothesis and pilot trial resultsHoward C Herrmann
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Sex Med 3:303-8. 2006..Erectile dysfunction (ED) may be one manifestation of a generalized vascular disorder characterized by endothelial dysfunction. Statin drugs may improve endothelial function, even before altering the lipid profile...
- How to manage perioperative endocrine insufficiencyBenjamin A Kohl
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, Dulles Building, Suite 680, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 28:139-55. 2010..This article focuses on the 4 most commonly encountered endocrinopathies: diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, and adrenal insufficiency. Specific challenges pertaining to patients with pheochromocytoma are also discussed...
- Association of lower plasma fetuin-a levels with peripheral arterial disease in type 2 diabetesLuis H Eraso
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 33:408-10. 2010..Fetuin-A is an inhibitor of vascular calcification and a mediator of insulin resistance. This study evaluated the association of plasma fetuin-A and peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Surgery in the patient with endocrine dysfunctionBenjamin A Kohl
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Med Clin North Am 93:1031-47. 2009..This article focuses on 4 of the most common endocrinopathies: diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, and adrenal insufficiency. Perioperative challenges in patients presenting with pheochromocytoma are also discussed...
- One-year weight losses in the Look AHEAD study: factors associated with successThomas A Wadden
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:713-22. 2009..The lifestyle intervention was clinically effective in all subsets of an ethnically and demographically diverse population...
- Safety and efficacy of s-citalopram in patients with co-morbid major depression and diabetes mellitusJay D Amsterdam
Depression Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Neuropsychobiology 54:208-14. 2006..We examined the safety and efficacy of s-citalopram therapy in patients with co-morbid depression and diabetes, and its ability to improve glycemic control...
- Usefulness of insulin resistance estimation and the metabolic syndrome in predicting coronary atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes mellitusNehal N Mehta
Cardiovascular Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:406-11. 2011....
- Apolipoprotein B but not LDL cholesterol is associated with coronary artery calcification in type 2 diabetic whitesSeth S Martin
Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 58:1887-92. 2009..We investigated the hypothesis that apoB is a superior marker of CAC relative to LDL cholesterol...
- Can the genetics of type 1 and type 2 diabetes shed light on the genetics of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults?Struan F A Grant
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocr Rev 31:183-93. 2010....