Seth R Schwartz
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Quality-of-life outcomes in the evaluation of head and neck cancer treatmentsS Schwartz
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:673-8. 2001....
- Human papillomavirus infection and survival in oral squamous cell cancer: a population-based studyS R Schwartz
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125:1-9. 2001..To determine whether human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 affects survival in oral squamous cell carcinoma...
- Numeracy and the shortcomings of utility assessment in head and neck cancer patientsSeth R Schwartz
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 N E Pacific St, Box 356515, Seattle, Washington 98195 6515, USA
Head Neck 26:401-7. 2004..Evidence suggests that a patient's comfort with numerical concepts ("numeracy") may influence utility measures. We hypothesize that patients who are nonnumerate provide inconsistent utility data in QOL studies...
- Predictors of wound complications after laryngectomy: A study of over 2000 patientsSeth R Schwartz
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:61-8. 2004..Those significant at the P < 0.01 level were analyzed with logistic regression and conjunctive consolidation to identify independent predictors of wound complications...
- Cost comparison of surgery vs organ preservation for laryngeal cancerGreg E Davis
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:21-6. 2005..To perform a cost minimization analysis of total laryngectomy with postoperative radiotherapy vs induction chemotherapy with subsequent radiotherapy in patients with advanced (stage III or IV) squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx...
- Long-term renal outcomes of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuria: an analysis of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications cohortIan H De Boer
Kidney Research Institute and Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, Campus Box 359606, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:412-20. 2011..Microalbuminuria is a common diagnosis in the clinical care of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Long-term outcomes after the development of microalbuminuria are variable...
- Otolaryngology clinic of North America: evidence-based practice: management of hoarseness/dysphoniaJaime I Chang
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 45:1109-26. 2012....
- Assessing candidacy for bilateral cochlear implants: a survey of practices in the United States and CanadaSeth R Schwartz
The Listen for Life Center at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA 98111, USA
Cochlear Implants Int 13:86-92. 2012..There are currently no agreed-upon criteria to establish candidacy for bilateral cochlear implants (CIs). This study categorized practice patterns for establishing bilateral CI candidacy...
- Clinical practice guideline: hoarseness (dysphonia)Seth R Schwartz
Virginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 Ninth Avenue, MS X10 ON, PO Box 900, Seattle, WA 98111, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:S1-S31. 2009..This guideline applies to all age groups evaluated in a setting where hoarseness would be identified or managed. It is intended for all clinicians who are likely to diagnose and manage patients with hoarseness...