L Philip Schumm
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Modeling the transmission of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a dynamic agent-based simulationCharles M Macal
Decision and Information Sciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S, Cass Ave, Bldg 221, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
J Transl Med 12:124. 2014..Control measures have focused on hospital transmission. Limited public health education has focused on care for skin infections...
- Assessment of sensory function in the National Social Life, Health, and Aging ProjectL Philip Schumm
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, 4841 South Maryland Avenue MC2007, Chicago, IL 40437, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i76-85. 2009..We evaluate the performance of the objective measures and model differences in sensory function by gender and age. In the process, we demonstrate how to use and interpret these measures...
- Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association studyMark S Silverberg
Mount Sinai Hospital Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G1X5, Canada
Nat Genet 41:216-20. 2009..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29)...
- Medication data collection and coding in a home-based survey of older adultsDima M Qato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i86-93. 2009..To describe the collection, coding, and validity of medication data from the National Social Life, Health and Aging Project (NSHAP)-a survey of a national probability sample of adults aged 57-85 years...
- Sexuality: measures of partnerships, practices, attitudes, and problems in the National Social Life, Health, and Aging StudyLinda J Waite
Center on Aging, University of Chicago, 1155 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i56-66. 2009..We describe measures of sexual partnerships, sexual practices, sexual problems, attitudes toward sex, and nonsexual intimacy in the first wave of NSHAP...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in cardiovascular medication use among older adults in the United StatesDima M Qato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:834-42. 2010..We examined racial and ethnic disparities in the use of statins and aspirin among older adults at low, moderate, and high risk for CVD...
- Pancreas size and volume on computed tomography in normal adultsAbdul Bari Syed
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pancreas 41:589-95. 2012..The objective of the study was to evaluate quantitatively normal pancreatic morphology, size, and volume stratified by age and sex...