John Gerard Schumacher
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- When do older adults become "disabled"? Social and health antecedents of perceived disability in a panel study of the oldest oldJessica A Kelley-Moore
University of Maryland, Baltimore County 21250, USA
J Health Soc Behav 47:126-41. 2006..When considering perceived disability, the oldest old use multidimensional criteria capturing function, recent changes in health status and social networks, and anxiety about their health...
- Physician care in assisted living: a qualitative studyJohn Gerard Schumacher
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 6:34-45. 2005..To identify patterns and emerging concepts used by assisted living (AL) residents, their families, and the facility staff to describe the care provided by physicians to the AL residents...
- Emergency medicine and older adults: continuing challenges and opportunitiesJohn G Schumacher
Department of Sociology and Antropology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimaore, MD 21250, USA
Am J Emerg Med 23:556-60. 2005
- Examining the physician's role with assisted living residentsJohn G Schumacher
Department of Sociology and Anthroplogy, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:377-82. 2006....
- Older adults in the Emergency Department: predicting physicians' burden levelsJohn G Schumacher
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
J Emerg Med 30:455-60. 2006..Findings suggest the need to systematically address how the profession of Emergency Medicine is responding to its growing older adult patient population...
- Sociocultural aspects of transitions from assisted living for residents with dementiaLouise Crawford Mead
Center for Aging Studies, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Gerontologist 45:115-23. 2005..This article examined the decision-making process regarding retention or transfer of persons with dementia in assisted living facilities...
- Physician Care in Assisted LivingJohn Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2009..In terms of public health, findings will have great promise to clarify the current role and future promise of the delivery physician services in AL and associated public policy development. ..