L Wayne Schultz
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Crystal structure of a pH-regulated luciferase catalyzing the bioluminescent oxidation of an open tetrapyrroleL Wayne Schultz
Department of Structural Biology, Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1378-83. 2005..Molecular dynamics calculations indicate that, in response to changes in pH, these histidines could trigger a large molecular motion of the bundle, thereby exposing the active site to the substrate...
- Influenza A polymerase subunit PB2 possesses overlapping binding sites for polymerase subunit PB1 and human MAVS proteinsDeendayal Patel
Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, 700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Virus Res 172:75-80. 2013..Additionally, the results of this study suggest a new strategy to develop influenza A therapeutics by simultaneously blocking PB2-MAVS and PB2-PB1 protein-protein interactions and their resulting activities...
- Penicillin-binding protein 7/8 contributes to the survival of Acinetobacter baumannii in vitro and in vivoThomas A Russo
Veterans Administration Western New York Healthcare System, The Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis, Department of Medicine, State University of New York Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Infect Dis 199:513-21. 2009..Acinetobacter baumannii is a bacterial pathogen of increasing medical importance. Little is known about genes important for its survival in vivo...
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus nsp9 dimerization is essential for efficient viral growthZachary J Miknis
Department of Structural Biology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14203, USA
J Virol 83:3007-18. 2009..Together, these data indicate that dimerization of SARS-CoV nsp9 at the GXXXG motif is not critical for RNA binding but is necessary for viral replication...
- The K1 capsular polysaccharide of Acinetobacter baumannii strain 307-0294 is a major virulence factorThomas A Russo
Veterans Administration Western New York Healthcare System, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University at Buffalo, 3435 Main St, Biomedical Research Building Room 141, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Infect Immun 78:3993-4000. 2010..Therefore, the results from this study have important biologic and translational implications and, to the best of our knowledge, are the first to address the role of capsule in the pathogenesis of A. baumannii infection...
- Characterization and crystallization of active domains of a novel luciferase from a marine dinoflagellateLiyun Liu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138 2020, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:761-4. 2003..7, c = 180.3 A. They diffract to 2.9 A on a rotating anode. Crystals of D3-LCF were grown from PEG 2000 in space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 58.86, b = 63.98, c = 95.76 A. They diffract to 2.3 A on a rotating anode...