Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Depression diagnoses following the identification of bipolar disorder: costly incongruent diagnosesMichael D Stensland
i3 Innovus, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:39. 2010..The objectives of this study were 1) to assess the rate of subsequent unipolar depression diagnosis in individuals with a history of bipolar disorder and 2) to assess the increased cost associated with this potential misdiagnosis...
- Determinants of compliance with statin therapy and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment in a managed care populationJennifer S Schultz
Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, 165 SBE, 412 Library Drive, Duluth, MN 55812, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:306-12. 2005..To identify determinants of medication compliance and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment...
- Social capital and self-rated health: results from the US 2006 social capital survey of one communityJennifer Schultz
Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN 55812, United States
Soc Sci Med 67:606-17. 2008..After accounting for the endogeneity of these various measures of individual social capital, we find that individual social capital is a significant predictor of self-rated health...
- Costs associated with changes in antidepressant treatment in a managed care population with major depressive disorderJennifer Schultz
Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, Duluth, 1318 Kirby Dr, LSBE 330F, Duluth, MN 55812, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1604-11. 2009..This study determined whether persons with major depressive disorder who switch or augment antidepressant therapy have higher health care costs and productivity losses than those who do not...
- Patterns and effectiveness of lipid-lowering therapies in a managed care environmentJay W Meyer
Research and Data Solutions, Ingenix Inc, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, USA
Value Health 8:601-12. 2005....