Lara M Schrader
Affiliation: University of California
- Seizure incidence during single- and paired-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in individuals with epilepsyLara M Schrader
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 710 Westwood Plaza, Room 1 194 RNRC, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 115:2728-37. 2004....
- Low frequency electrical stimulation through subdural electrodes in a case of refractory status epilepticusLara M Schrader
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 710 Westwood Plaza, Room 1 194, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 117:781-8. 2006..We delivered low frequency stimulation through subdural electrodes to suppress seizures in a case of refractory status epilepticus (RSE)...
- Trigeminal nerve stimulation in major depressive disorder: acute outcomes in an open pilot studyIan A Cook
UCLA Depression Research and Clinic Program, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 28:221-6. 2013..01; effect sizes d 1.0-1.8), as did quality of life (p < 0.02). Four of the 11 achieved remission. These improvements from nightly adjunctive eTNS in treatment-resistant depression merit replication under double-blind conditions...
- Trigeminal nerve stimulation in major depressive disorder: first proof of concept in an open pilot trialLara M Schrader
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Epilepsy Behav 22:475-8. 2011..This novel neuromodulation approach may have use as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy in major depressive disorder. Additional larger trials are needed to delineate efficacy and tolerability with greater reliability...
- A lack of effect from transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) on the vagus nerve stimulator (VNS)Lara M Schrader
Department of Neurology, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Reed Neurological Research Building, 710 Westwood Plaza, Room 1 194, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2501-4. 2005..To explore this issue, the TMS-induced current in VNS leads and whether TMS has an effect on the VNS pulse generator was assessed...
- Trigeminal nerve stimulation: seminal animal and human studies for epilepsy and depressionChristopher M DeGiorgio
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 22:449-56, v. 2011..In humans thus far the technique has been applied noninvasively, and is termed external trigeminal nerve stimulation (eTNSTM)...
- Reduced anesthetization during the intracarotid amobarbital (Wada) test in patients taking carbonic anhydrase-inhibiting medicationsSusan Bookheimer
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Epilepsia 46:236-43. 2005..After an unusually high rate of recent anesthetization failures, we sought to determine the frequency of reduced anesthetization and any common factors underlying these failures...
- Routine and quantitative EEG in mild traumatic brain injuryMarc R Nuwer
Department of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2001-25. 2005..There are no proven pathognomonic signatures useful for identifying head injury as the cause of signs and symptoms, especially late after the injury...
- Safety and tolerability of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with epilepsy: a review of the literatureErica Hyunji Bae
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Epilepsy Behav 10:521-8. 2007..rTMS thus appears to be nearly as safe in patients with epilepsy as in nonepileptic individuals, and warrants further investigation as a therapy in this population...