Jeffrey T Schouten
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A prospective study of hearing changes after beginning zidovudine or didanosine in HIV-1 treatment-naïve peopleJeffrey T Schouten
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:28. 2006..The goal of this study was to conduct a prospective assessment of the contribution of zidovudine (ZDV) and didanosine (ddI) to hearing loss...
- Substitution of nevirapine because of efavirenz toxicity in AIDS clinical trials group A5095Jeffrey T Schouten
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:787-91. 2010..Substitution of nevirapine because of efavirenz toxicity was generally safe and efficacious. Clinical trials registration. NCT00013520 ...
- Evidence for limited genetic compartmentalization of HIV-1 between lung and bloodLaura Heath
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6949. 2009..The unique environment of the lung, rich in alveolar macrophages and with specialized local immune responses, may contribute to differential evolution or selection of HIV-1...
- Effects of metformin and rosiglitazone in HIV-infected patients with hyperinsulinemia and elevated waist/hip ratioKathleen Mulligan
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 21:47-57. 2007..To evaluate the effects of metformin and rosiglitazone, alone or in combination, on fat distribution, insulin sensitivity, and lipids in HIV-infected patients with insulin resistance and changes in fat distribution...
- Efavirenz-based regimens in treatment-naive patients with a range of pretreatment HIV-1 RNA levels and CD4 cell countsHeather J Ribaudo
Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1006-10. 2008..There were no significant differences among subgroups with respect to treatment responses. These results demonstrate the potency of efavirenz-containing regimens across a spectrum of pretreatment VLs and CD4 counts...
- Epidemiological evidence for cardiovascular disease in HIV-infected patients and relationship to highly active antiretroviral therapyJudith S Currier
Circulation 118:e29-35. 2008