Jeffrey T Schouten
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A prospective study of hearing changes after beginning zidovudine or didanosine in HIV-1 treatment-naïve peopleJeffrey T Schouten
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:28. 2006..The goal of this study was to conduct a prospective assessment of the contribution of zidovudine (ZDV) and didanosine (ddI) to hearing loss...
- Substitution of nevirapine because of efavirenz toxicity in AIDS clinical trials group A5095Jeffrey T Schouten
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:787-91. 2010..Substitution of nevirapine because of efavirenz toxicity was generally safe and efficacious. Clinical trials registration. NCT00013520 ...
- Factors associated with remaining on initial randomized efavirenz-containing regimensMarlene Smurzynski
aCenter for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts bFred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington cUniversity of Washington, Seattle, Washington dNorthwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Chicago, Illinois eBirmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
AIDS 27:1887-97. 2013..Efavirenz (EFV) along with two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) is a recommended initial antiretroviral regimen. Understanding characteristics related to EFV success is clinically useful...
- Evidence for limited genetic compartmentalization of HIV-1 between lung and bloodLaura Heath
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6949. 2009..The unique environment of the lung, rich in alveolar macrophages and with specialized local immune responses, may contribute to differential evolution or selection of HIV-1...
- Effects of metformin and rosiglitazone in HIV-infected patients with hyperinsulinemia and elevated waist/hip ratioKathleen Mulligan
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 21:47-57. 2007..To evaluate the effects of metformin and rosiglitazone, alone or in combination, on fat distribution, insulin sensitivity, and lipids in HIV-infected patients with insulin resistance and changes in fat distribution...
- Efavirenz-based regimens in treatment-naive patients with a range of pretreatment HIV-1 RNA levels and CD4 cell countsHeather J Ribaudo
Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1006-10. 2008..There were no significant differences among subgroups with respect to treatment responses. These results demonstrate the potency of efavirenz-containing regimens across a spectrum of pretreatment VLs and CD4 counts...
- Epidemiological evidence for cardiovascular disease in HIV-infected patients and relationship to highly active antiretroviral therapyJudith S Currier
Circulation 118:e29-35. 2008