Nina G Schneider
Affiliation: University of California
- Efficacy of a nicotine inhaler in smoking cessation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialN G Schneider
West LA VA Medical Center 90073, USA
Addiction 91:1293-306. 1996..Extended access to the inhaler and relapse prevention training could improve success rates. Another promising approach would be to combine the inhaler with a nicotine patch...
- Efficacy of buspirone in smoking cessation: a placebo-controlled trialN G Schneider
West Veterans Affairs Medical Center, CA, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 60:568-75. 1996..Selecting for generalized anxiety or anxiety related to cessation is suggested for future testing...
- Comparative testing of 5 nicotine systems: initial use and preferencesNina G Schneider
Nicotine Dependence Research Unit, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration, West Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Health Behav 28:72-86. 2004..To test initial reactions to 5 nicotine treatments (NRTs: 2 and 4 mg gum, inhaler, nasal spray, tablet) in a crossover study (n=41)...
- Comparison of three nicotine treatments: initial reactions and preferences with guided useNina G Schneider
Veteran Affairs Greater Los Angeles VAGLA Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 182:545-50. 2005..Misuse or dislike of nicotine replacement treatments (NRTs) undermines their effectiveness. Brief testing among NRTs could allow tailoring by preference to improve outcome...
- Preferences among four combination nicotine treatmentsNina G Schneider
Veteran Affairs Greater Los Angeles VAGLA Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:476-85. 2006..Patches provide steady nicotine but are slow and passive. Combining systems may improve efficacy with acute NRTs tailored for compliance...
- Preferences among five nicotine treatments based on information versus samplingNina G Schneider
Nicotine Dependence Research Unit, Veteran Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:179-86. 2008..Given that reactions to NRTs change with experience, sampling should allow for a more realistic choice of NRT (self-tailoring) and better compliance versus current trial-and-error methods...
- Comparison of craving and withdrawal among four combination nicotine treatmentsNina G Schneider
Nicotine Dependence Research Unit, Veteran Affairs Greater Los Angeles VAGLA Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:513-7. 2008..To assess the appearance of craving and withdrawal among four combination nicotine replacement treatments (NRTs)...
- NICOTINE DEPENDENCE--TAILORING AND PREFERENCE RESEARCHNina Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2001..Several new scales will be tested: one which assesses withdrawal via anchored responding and a set of scales for testing preference with an ultimate aim of developing a tool for easily matching smokers to therapy. ..