Barbara St Pierre Schneider
Affiliation: University of Nevada
- Simulated flight, muscle genetics, and inflammatory indicators in miceBarbara St Pierre Schneider
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, School of Nursing, 4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Box 453018, Las Vegas, NV 89154 3018, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 84:840-4. 2013..The primary aim of this study was to examine global gene expression in the gastrocnemius muscle after simulated flight. Inflammatory indicators were also assessed in the muscle...
- Body weight and leukocyte infiltration after an acute exercise-related muscle injury in ovariectomized mice treated with estrogen and progesteroneBarbara St Pierre Schneider
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Nursing, Las Vegas, NV 89154 3025, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 176:144-50. 2012..These data broaden our understanding of estrogen's effects on body weight and leukocyte infiltration, and may aid in increasing our understanding of how males and females differ in response to acute muscle injury...
- The relation between immunohistochemical product discreteness and leukocyte manual quantification reliabilityBarbara St Pierre Schneider
School of Nursing, University of Nevada, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89154, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 18:555-60. 2010..Alternatively, when samples consist of 200 or more cells and discreteness is low, then the approaches that account for discreteness should be utilized...
- Nursing's leadership in positioning human health at the core of urban sustainabilityBarbara St Pierre Schneider
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Nursing, 4505 S Maryland Parkway, Box 453025, Las Vegas, NV 89154 3025, USA
Nurs Outlook 57:281-8. 2009..Therefore, nursing must take a leadership role to ensure that human health is at the core of urban sustainability...
- Neutrophil infiltration in exercise-injured skeletal muscle: how do we resolve the controversy?Barbara St Pierre Schneider
School of Nursing, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada 89154 3018, USA
Sports Med 37:837-56. 2007..Studies that incorporate these recommendations could lead to an increased understanding of whether neutrophils are essential for the recovery from an exercise-induced muscle injury...
- Mouse model of muscle crush injury of the legsGeorgina L Dobek
School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Comp Med 63:227-32. 2013..In conclusion, our model is a reproducible method for muscle crush injury in the mouse pelvic limb and is a refinement of previous models because of its decreased bone fractures and reduction of animal numbers...
- Indices of leukocyte infiltration and muscle recovery after eccentric contraction-induced injury in young and adult male miceBarbara St Pierre Schneider
University of Wisconsin Madison School of Nursing, Madison, USA
Orthop Nurs 24:399-405. 2005..36). Neutrophils, but not macrophages, were detected at 1-day recovery. A significant relationship between age and muscle recovery was detected (P = .0498), suggesting that muscle recovery may be decreased with increased age...
- The effects of estradiol and progesterone on plantarflexor muscle fatigue in ovariectomized miceBarbara St Pierre Schneider
University of Wisconsin Madison School of Nursing, Clinical Science Center, Room K6 364, 600 N Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792 2455, USA
Biol Res Nurs 5:265-75. 2004..Therefore, ovarian hormone status may need to be considered when evaluating a response to physical activities, especially those activities involving ECs...
- Inactivity: symptoms associated with gastrocnemius muscle disuse during pregnancyJudith A Maloni
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4904, USA
AACN Clin Issues 13:248-62. 2002..6, P <.05). Symptoms of postpartum muscle soreness, deconditioning, and difficulty with mobility were reported. Postpartum assessment and rehabilitation are needed to facilitate recovery and prevent long-term injury...
- Desmin characteristics of CD11b-positive fibers after eccentric contractionsBarbara St Pierre Schneider
Department of Statistics and Biostatistics, University of Wisconsin Madison School of Nursing, Madison, WI, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:274-81. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine the desmin characteristics of fibers infiltrated by CD11b-leukocytes in fast- and slow-twitch murine muscles after eccentric contractions...