Anneliese M Schleyer
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Improving resident engagement in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives at the bedside: the Advocate for Clinical Education (ACE)Anneliese M Schleyer
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Med Qual 28:243-9. 2013..Physicians were highly satisfied with the program. The ACE initiative is one coaching/feedback model for engaging residents in QI/PS that may warrant further study...
- Role of nasal methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening in the management of skin and soft tissue infectionsAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:657-9. 2010..Thus, positive nasal swab cultures may help identify MRSA colonization and guide antimicrobial therapy for SSTI when wound cultures cannot be obtained...
- A descriptive case series of patients with end-stage liver disease hospitalized with variceal bleeding who received pharmacologic venous thromboembolism prophylaxisAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Hosp Med 6:151-5. 2011..It is unknown whether venous thromboembolism prophylaxis (VTEP) should be utilized in hospitalized patients with end-stage liver disease (ESLD), particularly in those admitted with variceal bleeding...
- Adherence to guideline-directed venous thromboembolism prophylaxis among medical and surgical inpatients at 33 academic medical centers in the United StatesAnneliese M Schleyer
University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Med Qual 26:174-80. 2011..Because AMCs provide the majority of physician training and should reflect and set care standards, this appears to be an opportunity for practice and quality improvement and for education...
- A piece of my mind. The hospitalist's storyAudrey Young
JAMA 296:2067-8. 2006
- Using an electronic medical record tool to improve pneumococcal screening and vaccination rates for older patients admitted with community-acquired pneumoniaEllen F Robinson
Department of Quality Improvement, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:418-24, 385. 2011..Use of the tool has improved performance on pneumococcal vaccination from 44% to more than 90%, with an increase in vaccine units of 305%...